• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Envious no more….well almost

68sunlitgold

As most of you know I have been in Korea for the past 2 years away from my cars. When it came time to move back to the states (Macon, GA) I decided it was time to drive one of my 3 mustangs. I would love to drive the CS but it still needs work so I opted to drive my coupe from Minnesota to Georgia. It made it here with no problems, not bad for a car that has only been driven 200 miles in the past 22 years.

On the trip I got so many "thumbs ups" from people on the interstate...it gave me such a high and a smile from ear to ear. I know what everyone now talks about when they drive their GT/CS (I wish I was in that party) but atleast I am back with one of my cars.

Heres to more thumps ups!!

Doug

PS I attached a pic of my Coupe & GT/CS before the trip. I drove the CS and was suprised at how well it drove without doing anything except redo the carb even though it was sat for 18 years. The coupe is completly original down to the paint and as you can see the CS needs work and has a terrible paint job.

Attachments

• GTCS__Coupe.jpg
    GTCS__Coupe.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 11

68gt390

It's amazing what folks on the road do when they see a classic mustang. I've actually had people who have driven beside of me, back off and change lanes so they could come up on the other side to look. Kinda reminds me of when I was still in the Air Force and we had someone declare an IFE. At least now you'll get to experience it for yourself first hand. Good luck with both your cars and welcome back Doug.

Don 8)

HCS@CT

Iknow what your talking about. People love a Mustang and if it's unusual like a cs or a hcs. I've had a 70 Torino GT and a 71 El Camino SS but nothin makes people smile like a Mustang. My wife and I drove our 68 HCS in the memorial day parade. We had the newest car there. And we got the most " Hey Mustang!", "Whatyear!",and "Blow the horn!"s out all the cars. Enjoy yours.

Mustanglvr

:)Hey Doug,
I`m glad to hear you made it to Georgia ok. Thanks for stopping and visiting me and my family while you were back in Minnesota. We had a great time that day talking Mustangs. I learned alot about my GT/CS that day. I`m glad I could get your opinion on whether it was original or not. Its a relief now knowing that it has so many original parts. I know you had fun driving it. It does run pretty good.
Your 68 is great. It runs very good. Hopefully, now that your back in the states and you have your 68, you will have time to work on it. I could tell you could`nt wait to get started on it. It needs some TLC but it will be awesome when its done.
Good luck in Georgia and watch out for hurricanes. Next time you`re in Minnesota make sure you stop by again. I`ll let you take my GT/CS out for the whole day.
:)Rhonda

rvrtrash

Congrats on being home. Thanks again for your time spent keeping us all safe.
Steve

Sarge

Doug,
Glad to have you back in the "world", now get working on your passion. Thanks for your "regular job support", we will always appreciate the soldier who tries to keep our way of life safe!!!!!!!
Robert

Mustanger

Welcome back, soldier, and thank you for a job well done. We all salute you!! God bless :).

Joes68

Welcome home Doug,
Being retired USAF I know what it's like being away. :-[ Glad you're back safely. Now get to work on those mustangs and remember to have fun with them once in a while!!!!
Ron

Diesel Donna

Yes~WELCOME HOME DOUG!
Thank you and all our veterens for all you do. There is no better place to live than in a free America !

meadowsdk28

From one Doug to another, welcome home. Reading this thread it amazes me how many of us are veterans and retirees. Is there some sort of connection to keeping touch with our roots while we're gone? Is it the desire to own a piece of Americana for what we've struggled with? Maybe we just like cool cars. Don't know. Either way, welcome back to the world, Doug. Maybe we'll hook up in Georgia one day. I visit my sister in Florida about once a year.

P

PNewitt

Doug,

Don't worry about the gold paint of your Mustangs, because real Gold shines in our hearts for your sacrifice and duty for our country.

Welcome Home.

(now where's that rubbing compound!)

Paul N.

rjw

Great news Doug!
I appreciate your service to our Country. Almost as much as I appreciate your contributions to our favorite hobby. Glad to hear you are back, and even close by! Come see us in Bham. Make plans for next year's MCA 30th Anniversary at the much acclaimed Barber's Motorsports Park Labor Day weekend, 2006. You will be close by and it should be an excellent show.
Richard