• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 engine air cleaner decals...

dalorzo_f

Ok, minor issue that's bugged me for years. Came up today when looking at the newly painted lid for the GT/CS and checking out the 289 sticker...

None of the displacement stickers I have ever seen match the curve of the lid. They always run a bit small in radius and do not align to the curve of the lid where they mount... off by a few 16ths... which just irks me as one would think Ford could measure a radius.

Is it that the repros are just off, or did Ford actually use stickers that did not line up to the curve of the lid?

Ruppstang

Ok, minor issue that's bugged me for years. Came up today when looking at the newly painted lid for the GT/CS and checking out the 289 sticker...

None of the displacement stickers I have ever seen match the curve of the lid. They always run a bit small in radius and do not align to the curve of the lid where they mount... off by a few 16ths... which just irks me as one would think Ford could measure a radius.

Is it that the repros are just off, or did Ford actually use stickers that did not line up to the curve of the lid?

This original looked pretty close but they did not all ways get them on strait.

Attachments

• 68%20Mustang%20040 Orginal SJ car_crop.jpg
    68%20Mustang%20040 Orginal SJ car_crop.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 45

stangfan

It is a shame really, that they can't get the curve right on that decal. After all, it is the first thing you see when the hood goes up.