• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Email to Ford

rvrtrash

I just went to Fords' corporate web page and after wandering around a little, found where I could email them and tell them what I thought about their suing any company with "Mustang" in their name. I was polite (except maybe the "cheap sob's" comment) and explained that I felt these companies had supplied parts for years for cars Ford no longer wanted to support, yet kept the name in circulation which helped Fords' sales, and that this was one longtime Ford owner who wouldn't be buying a new one until they changed their tune. I would like to see everyone do this and maybe we can make enough noise that they'll back down, like when they wanted to hang the Mustang name on what became the Probe.

Steve

LUVMYCS

I"m with you, Steve! Every Mustang owner (or Ford owner for that matter) should do the same! Maybe if they see their sales drop they'll wake up and smell the coffee!

19HCS68

What article or news sparked the e-mail sent. I too don't like the sound of what is stated in this post. :rolleyes: I need more info before e-mailing Ford with my 2 cents.

Gary

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

I thought I'd let everyone know that I just got an email back from Ford. According to the writer, Ford is only trying to protect itself and it's name from "counterfeit parts and counterfeit parts vendors", and they were sure I'd understand their concern. What a crock of ****.

Steve

Perkchiro

I'm in agreement with you Steve. Read the October issue of Mustang Monthly by Ron Bramlett at Mustangs Plus. His company is the one being harassed by Ford. If Ford is successful in their pursuit of the "Mustang" trade name, you might have trouble keeping your local "Mustang" club alive and you might find parts suppliers and parts in low quantities. We need to make our views known to Ford. Their reasoning for all this saber rattling is a royal farce. Perhaps you could list that email address here Steve.