• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale eBay GT/CS

cnassif

Here's another one that just posted. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...rs_Trucks&hash=item3f08aa2128#ht_53462wt_1165

Apparently it was changed to Meadowlark Yellow from Lime Gold:confused:. Looks like he even added the door plate from Marti to update it. It's also got the GT/CS Registry Sticker so chances are someone on here owned it.

Two questions:
1. What are your thoughts about using the new door plate. Do you think it detracts from the vintage or adds value?
2. What do you think about the updated rims?

ari guy

They tried to sell this car a couple weeks ago with the GT rims and correct steering wheel. I used to own this car 1993-1997. It came to me out of Illinois as it is, medowlark yellow. I was told it used to be lime gold. This was before Marti Reports. I prefer originality. Thats partly why I sold it then. It is/was a sweet car, one of the best little 302's you could find. Had 52k miles on it then. Apparently has been through several hands tho since I had it. I hate to see this guy dismantle it while he has it by switching out the wheels and steering wheel. (Talked to him 2 weeks ago, and I think this is why it is going through no reserve, after he got a Marti Report on it.) We will see if he gets the 25K he originally wanted for the car. ari guy.

Mosesatm

My humble opinion only.

#1) Whoever changed the plate should be strung up from the nearest tall tree.

#2) Ditto, but maybe a smaller tree

I don't mind aftermarket rims but those are worth a hanging.

That said, it looks like a sweet car and someone went to a lot of trouble to install the factory air conditioning and everything else that isn't on the Marti report.

OP
OP
C

cnassif

My humble opinion only.

#1) Whoever changed the plate should be strung up from the nearest tall tree.

#2) Ditto, but maybe a smaller tree

I don't mind aftermarket rims but those are worth a hanging.

Don't hold back, tell me how you really feel. Agree with the rims. So many good choices that eluded him.

ari guy

FYI I bought it with the tag ALREADY changed, and the original wheels. And told the guy I sold it to about the color change. Glad there are no tall trees where I live.....lol Sincerely, ari guy

Mosesatm

FYI I bought it with the tag ALREADY changed, and the original wheels. And told the guy I sold it to about the color change. Glad there are no tall trees where I live.....lol Sincerely, ari guy

What are your thoughts on the condition of the car? Is it worth a look and a test drive?

ari guy

When I had it I showed it at MCA shows in occasional driven class. Kept getting people saying to bump it to concours driven class. I also have a black/red J code GT/CS that I showed concours trailered. I looks a bit rougher under it since I had it, has aftermarket pipes on it. It spent 12 years in storage in Spain in its early life I remember. I has had a light bump on rt? front fender before restoring it. But no problem. My ex-wife drove the car and I trailered the other one, so didnt drive it as much. The biggest problem with the car is the color change..........

Mosesatm

Is this the correct AM/FM radio?

What is the purpose of the slider under the buttons?

Attachments

• Radio.jpg
    Radio.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 33

ari guy

As best as I can recall, the slider did absolutely nothing in that car. It had aftermarket speakers on the package shelf in the back. My black/red GT/CS has am/fm and no slider, and I know it is correct............Ill try to post some of my current car in the near future.

ari guy

Im having trouble posting, will try again. The flat bar under the pushbuttons on the radio is what Mosesatm is asking about. Yes the center console has a sliding door under the radio as well. Car came out with am radio in it, had aftermarket speakers on the package shelf, and none up front. I might have been for left/right balance of the speakers???...

Powell

I am going to show my ignorance here. Looking at the console, next to the slider door I see what looks like 4 warning lights. Can you folks out there enlighten me about those warning lights?

Ralph

Mosesatm

I am going to show my ignorance here. Looking at the console, next to the slider door I see what looks like 4 warning lights. Can you folks out there enlighten me about those warning lights?

Ralph

That is the Convenience Group. It's 4 lights that cover unbuckled seat belts, set parking brake, low fuel, and an open door.

Rare option.

I wonder if all the sensors were installed on this car or just the lights.

Attachments

• Page 12 Small.jpg
    Page 12 Small.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Page 13 Small.jpg
    Page 13 Small.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Ruppstang

Ralph

Ralph,
That option was called a Convenience Control Panel it encluded a park brake reminder, a seat belt reminder, low fuel reminder and a door agar light that flashed.
Our 67 GTA convertible has the option it was a lot of work to make it all operate correctly. There are 6 wiring harness, a relay, a special fuel sender and the bulb that flashes is obselete so I had to search for a NOS one. From what I understand about 1/10th of 1% of 67-68 mustangs built had this option. It was far more popular in Thunderbirds and Cougars. It is cool when it all works. Marty

aemoo28

It's a deep storage area. The light inside comes on when you slide up the door. Good place for cell phones. But don't leave the door up when u turn off the car. Mine has one.

Is this the correct AM/FM radio?

What is the purpose of the slider under the buttons?

Ruppstang

It's a deep storage area. The light inside comes on when you slide up the door. Good place for cell phones. But don't leave the door up when u turn off the car. Mine has one.

Amy,
Actualy the light is controled by your door switch not by the console door so no worrys about leaving it up. Marty

ari guy

The convenience control panel lights didnt work when I owned the car. The guy before me restored the car. As I understood it he collected parts for a couple of years before he restored the car. I dont recall any additional sensors that had been hooked up to the door or the emergency brake, nor any wiring looms for such. He probably had the console and none of the wiring.