• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

eBay - '68 Highland GT/CS

Bob G

Beautifull ford Mustang. I fall over for the older fords vs the new ones. just so much more classic an eara when I was growing up in Southern California. Everything now is so disposeable you wonder 10 years from know if the parts will be availible.

Not too crazy about the color I like black or white with exterior or even the blue metillic my favorit color. but at the right price if I had it to spend I couold live with it.

Bob Geco

68gt390

Hey Arlie I'm back. It's a nice looking car but, they state "restored to factory specs" - NOT. Nice Highland Green Paint. Maybe I'm being to picky but, when you say "factory specs" to me that means factory specs and this car is not that. Tail light bezels are incorrect (black paint on outer edge). GT rear valance on a "C" code - don't think so. Exaust tips are after market, deluxe seat belts in the front and I'm not sure what's in the back for seat belts (they don't match). That's just my observations on the car and "no MARTI REPORT" on this car. Even if I were to list my CS anywhere for sale, I'd be up front and list what's not factory and believe me I have a ton of stuff on mine that's not factory. Bottom line, without a Marti Report, there's a lot of room for negotiation on this car even with the current economy.

Don

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Hi Don,

Good to have you back!

I'm pretty sure the seller is our old friend Mike so anyone interested in the car should certainly give it a thorough inspection and test drive!!!

Hey Arlie I'm back. It's a nice looking car but, they state "restored to factory specs" - NOT. Nice Highland Green Paint. Maybe I'm being to picky but, when you say "factory specs" to me that means factory specs and this car is not that. Tail light bezels are incorrect (black paint on outer edge). GT rear valance on a "C" code - don't think so. Exaust tips are after market, deluxe seat belts in the front and I'm not sure what's in the back for seat belts (they don't match). That's just my observations on the car and "no MARTI REPORT" on this car. Even if I were to list my CS anywhere for sale, I'd be up front and list what's not factory and believe me I have a ton of stuff on mine that's not factory. Bottom line, without a Marti Report, there's a lot of room for negotiation on this car even with the current economy.

Don

NWGearhead

Before you bid you might want to check the seller's feedback. There are plenty of people who are not pleased with this person's business practices.

After reading the feedback I wouldn't consider bidding without personally inspecting the vehicle myself.

RedGTvert

Before you bid you might want to check the seller's feedback. There are plenty of people who are not pleased with this person's business practices.

After reading the feedback I wouldn't consider bidding without personally inspecting the vehicle myself.

Most people should inspect cars before buying no matter who the seller is.

CougarCJ

I like Augusta Green...I mean Highland Green:wink:

I noticed the rear seat belts too. You would think with this 'restoration' they would have popped $3 for the floor plugs for the bucket seats.

I'll bet someone a Coke that this car has had a color change to either the exterior or interior or both.

nashtx

I'm an on again - off again lurker so most of you don't know me.
I've given up on a vintage GT/CS simply because of my size but they are unquestionably my favorite vintage Mustang. What I wouldn't give to be 5'11' and 180 lbs!
I viewed the car in person on Thursday and it started and runs well.
The car just looked "loose" and had a high volume Cobra style oil pan underneath - which by the way was filthy. I'm not saying this isn't a nice care - the seller, Raymond is a nice guy but I think it's overpriced given the restoration was some what sloppy. The sheet metal under the vinyl roof seemed solid with no crunching.
I wasn't expecting concourse but I was expecting "done right".
Too many flaws for me but from 10 feet away - looked nice.
I personally love the HGreen - black vinyl top look. Reminds me of the Green Hornet.

WG Frisco, Tx

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I'm an on again - off again lurker so most of you don't know me.
I've given up on a vintage GT/CS simply because of my size but they are unquestionably my favorite vintage Mustang. What I wouldn't give to be 5'11' and 180 lbs!
I viewed the car in person on Thursday and it started and runs well.
The car just looked "loose" and had a high volume Cobra style oil pan underneath - which by the way was filthy. I'm not saying this isn't a nice care - the seller, Raymond is a nice guy but I think it's overpriced given the restoration was some what sloppy. The sheet metal under the vinyl roof seemed solid with no crunching.
I wasn't expecting concourse but I was expecting "done right".
Too many flaws for me but from 10 feet away - looked nice.
I personally love the HGreen - black vinyl top look. Reminds me of the Green Hornet.

WG Frisco, Tx

WG, there are ways to get more room in a GT/CS as long as you're not overly concerned with the car being 100% concours correct. Install a smaller steering wheel, lower the seat pedestals (is that the correct word?), and/or install lower seats.

My 1st GT/CS had '64 T-bird seats in it and they were great. Much wider and lower than a Mustang seat.

nashtx

WG, there are ways to get more room in a GT/CS as long as you're not overly concerned with the car being 100% concours correct.

I'm more concerned with my expanding waistline!!
Never thought about different seats but always figured I could move back the seat rails.
Thanls for the insight.
WG