• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

E Mail Warning

Ruppstang

If anyone here gets a email from Tari Rupp with No Subject do not open it. It seems that someone is using our address to send ads. The email address is momrupp@hotmail.com . I do not think I have emailed on that acct. to many of you but wanted to give you heads up. We are closing that acct. ASAP. I am glad we can comunicate directly on this site. It seem it is always something. Marty

nfrntau

This just happened to my wife's hotmail account also. Its bad enough they send you all that junk but then they want to steal your addresses and good name so they can get at the people that trust you. The worst part is there is nothing we can do to stop it.

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

We ended up just changing to a lot tougher pass word for now will have to see if that stops it. Everyone that I heard that this happend to had Hotmail accts. so we may sill look for another.

Mosesatm

Yes we do for the laptop. I do not know much about it.

When I visted the ex-inlaws a few months ago I knew they did not have internet access so I searched for a wireless signal and found one coming from what I assumed was the neighbor's house. It was a little weak but it worked!

What's a little scary is that if either of us had specialized software I could have tapped into his computer and/or he could have tapped into mine, and recorded everything either of us typed, including passwords, credit card numbers, etc.

Last edited:

admin

Staff member
Administrator
A lot of the older wireless routers come with a default admin username and password right out of the box. If you do nothing to change them then your system is open to anyone within range. If you haven't changed it Marty I would highly suggest it.

The newer routers create a random password when you install and many also force you to create your own for security reasons. Oh, and don't make it your street address! :)

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Thanks Guys, Tari is the computer person in this house I let her check out that stuff. I would rather look at a Mustang! Marty

Diesel Donna

I got hacked a couple months ago too...my apologies to anyone who got those emails.

~~~~Donna