• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 DSO Numbers and Dealers

Mosesatm

Someone on another site inquired about how many '68 GT/CSs were sold in Texas. I looked up sales to the Dallas and Houston DSOs, assuming those two covered all of Texas but the Phoenix DSO served West Texas.

The attached Marti report shows that a car was ordered by an El Paso, Texas dealer through the Phoenix DSO.

Does anyone know if we have numbers for deliveries by state instead of by DSO?

Attachments

• Phoenix and El Paso.jpg
    Phoenix and El Paso.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 34

somethingspecial

I only have 5 TX. dealers in the Registry (verified by Marti Reports) but Marti Auto Works marks DSO 61 (Dallas) receiving 46 GT/CSs; DSO 62 (Houston) receiving 25 GT/CSs; and DSO 75 (Pheonix) receiving 386 GT/CSs. Keep in mind a lot of Dealer Trades were done, which would upset the original selling dealer V. Dealer order stats.

somethingspecial

I was searching another forum (concoursmustang.com) and found this response written by Jeff Speegle regarding a correct carb. Same rings true to this thread. Jeff, I hope you don't mind I borrowed your response on the carbs to help make my point here. If I am out of line, let me know and I will delete it. Mike

Author Jeff Speegle:
"Might also be the result of moving inventory, needing a specific car and a transfer from another location towards the end of the year or a couple of other possibilities. Would be interesting to see the DSO

We have seen examples of cars being ordered in ordered in non- Thermactor DSO's being ordered through those DSO but being delivered in California in 67. This sort of examples can lead us to all sorts of assumptions IMHO

Remembering these cars - checking with Kevin would not show where these examples were delivered but only where they were ordered through making that way of checking not helpful in this discussion".