• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Drag Radials

joedls

I bought some BF Goodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radials to help out with my traction problem. They are a huge help. They look pretty good, too. :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• P1000598-resized.JPG
    P1000598-resized.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 29
  • P1000599-resized.JPG
    P1000599-resized.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 29
  • P1000611-resized.JPG
    P1000611-resized.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 26
  • P1000612-revised.JPG
    P1000612-revised.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

rvrtrash

I thought that's what the water box was for? :grin:
They do look good. Have fun!

Steve

davidathans

hey joe...did you say that you actually have traction with your Supercharged 550HP 347 stroker GTCS with 235 BF Goodrigh G-Force T/A Drag radials?

thats really hard to believe considering that i just got the best drag radials on the market...Mickey Thompson drag radials in a 275/40R17 and i can burn out through 1st and im NA...

tell me you can't burn out through your gears?
what trans, rear end gears are in your CS?
have you chassis dyno'd your mustang?

Changing from Kumho Ecsta Supra 712s in a 275/40R17 to the Mickey Thompson Drag Radials in the same tire size made a huge difference. B&D recommended the Mickey Thompsons over the Nitto555R Drag radials and the BF Goodrich G-Force T/A Drag radials. I got the Mickey Thompsons at Hawaii Racing for about $400

Joe you should have 255s minimum back there

Attachments

• Chewy.JPG
    Chewy.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 27
  • MT275DRAG.JPG
    MT275DRAG.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 19
  • MTvsKumho.JPG
    MTvsKumho.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 31
  • ValerieInTire.JPG
    ValerieInTire.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
joedls

joedls

hey joe...did you say that you actually have traction with your Supercharged 550HP 347 stroker GTCS with 235 BF Goodrigh G-Force T/A Drag radials?

thats really hard to believe considering that i just got the best drag radials on the market...Mickey Thompson drag radials in a 275/40R17 and i can burn out through 1st and im NA...

tell me you can't burn out through your gears?
what trans, rear end gears are in your CS?
have you chassis dyno'd your mustang?

Changing from Kumho Ecsta Supra 712s in a 275/40R17 to the Mickey Thompson Drag Radials in the same tire size made a huge difference. B&D recommended the Mickey Thompsons over the Nitto555R Drag radials and the BF Goodrich G-Force T/A Drag radials. I got the Mickey Thompsons at Hawaii Racing for about $400

Joe you should have 255s minimum back there

What I said was that they are a huge improvement. I can still break them loose at will. I have an AOD. The rear-end gears are 3.50.

Mustanger

Nice set of tires, Joe!! Even though they're street legal, just be careful in the rain (or wet pavement) ...

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Nice set of tires, Joe!! Even though they're street legal, just be careful in the rain (or wet pavement) ...

I don't drive this car in the rain. In fact, after living in Seattle for 8 years, I try not to go out in the rain. :wink:

davidathans

Shaun, it's amazing how much more traction I have now. Don, they are 235/60R15.

ok i can see how you said they were an improvement...but this quote, "its amazing how much more traction i have now"....joe you have NO traction...so even though you have much more traction now, you still have NO traction haha

seriously how come you went with a 235 drag radial and not a 255..is it because your rear rims are only 7" wide??

now that you have a supercharged 347...would you want to race at california speedway sometime?...i think you should have a good chance of beating me

when are you going to do a chassis dyno? im eager to see how much power you put to the wheels with your blower on

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

ok i can see how you said they were an improvement...but this quote, "its amazing how much more traction i have now"....joe you have NO traction...so even though you have much more traction now, you still have NO traction haha

The difference is that I can keep it under control now. Before, it was way too scary with the tires breaking loose at part throttle.

seriously how come you went with a 235 drag radial and not a 255..is it because your rear rims are only 7" wide??

Yes.

now that you have a supercharged 347...would you want to race at california speedway sometime?...i think you should have a good chance of beating me

Not without some different tires. I've never raced at a dragstrip. Maybe I'll come watch you first so you can show me the ropes.

when are you going to do a chassis dyno? im eager to see how much power you put to the wheels with your blower on

Hadn't really thought about it. I know the car has enough power to scare me right now. I'm still getting used to it. But you never know....