• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Do Others Suffer From This Sickness?

Mosesatm

I swear, all I was going to do was replace the weatherstripping. It was going to be a 2 hour project, now it's turned into a 2 day ordeal!!!

Last edited:

CALIF GIRL

Oh yes... and here I thought I was the only one suffering from this.

joedls

I know about that sickness. I was just going to get a paint job on my 65 convertible. One thing led to another....

Attachments

• P1010007(2).JPG
    P1010007(2).JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 24
  • P1010108(2).JPG
    P1010108(2).JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 33
  • P1010112(2).JPG
    P1010112(2).JPG
    223.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Engine comp (2).JPG
    Engine comp (2).JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 28

Perkchiro

Oh how well I know that I suffer from this illness. Been going on for 3 years but I'm almost cured. Car's about done! Started out with a few cosmetic improvements and it led to a full tear down and restoration. What's with that?

Steve

Diesel Donna

Mosesatm said:
I swear, all I was going to do was replace the weatherstripping. It was going to be a 2 hour project, now it's turned into a 2 day ordeal!!!

Wassa matter for you!! Uh.... I need to replace my trunk weatherstripping too..is this what is going to happen to me?

rvrtrash

Perkchiro said:
Oh how well I know that I suffer from this illness. Been going on for 3 years but I'm almost cured. Car's about done! Started out with a few cosmetic improvements and it led to a full tear down and restoration. What's with that?

Steve

Mine started out the same way and turned into a full restoration also. I then started on another project when I finished it. Von Quack won't even return my calls.
Steve

6t8-390gt

Steve,
The illness MAY go into remission when you are done, but it WILL return again. Stronger than before. My uncle encouraged me to remove my disc brake backing plates (on my driver) to clean and paint them "only 3 bolts". I realized the backing plates were attached to other parts that were in need of equal attention. I resisted for a time!

I had my next project in less than one year.

John McGilvary

You bet, I'm very sick too. My CS is in very good shape, and all it needed was a good detail, and a paint job. But as sick as I am, I want everything perfect so NOw its so clean you could eat off it, and it still needs a paint job. John

P

PNewitt

Diesel Donna said:
Wassa matter for you!! Uh.... I need to replace my trunk weatherstripping too..is this what is going to happen to me?

Uh...<raising hand> I had something to do with that. At the Nor-Cal party (day after) I was taking photos of Donna's car, and I held the end of the WS in my hand to photograph it, and "accidently" yanked off about 3 feet of it, and it sorta just came off the trunklid....

Sorry, Donna. I'll come by and re-glue it.

On the brite side, the other 10 feet of it is still attached!

Paul N.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

See, in my book, that 3' was loose and ready to fall off, possibly creating a disasterous trunk leak, so you actually did her a favor by discovering the problem!:grin:

Diesel Donna

Oh it was definately loose! I put that one there (badly) many many years ago and it never did adhere well...so it's no big deal. I needed an excuse to replace it anyhow and I bought the new weatherstripping last year! I just need a willing victim, I mean helper type guy to assist me in putting the new one on!

~~~~Donna

clubpro

My illness has cost me thousands and I'm not even close to being finished...

I'm thinking about checking myself into the Henry Ford Clinic...

Ron

Diesel Donna

clubpro said:
My illness has cost me thousands and I'm not even close to being finished...

I'm thinking about checking myself into the Henry Ford Clinic...

Ron

LMAO that was a good one Ron!!! :grin:

~~~~Donna

CALIF GIRL

I have the sickness.. I was so ill with it today I spent part of my evening replacing the fan control switch...oh no.. the sickness is calling me for tomorrow....I will be replacing the automatic shifter bushings...someone help me,,,,,,I have the disease...

PFSlim

It is funny to see this post. When we started our car, it was just going to be a daily driver. We decided that even though our chrome was not that good (with pits and scrapes), it was good enough. Then, we painted the car and the dollars started rolling out of our pockets. Suddenly, nothing we had was good enough.

Oh yes, it is a sickness.

Paul

LUVMYCS

I think I have the sickness the worst! Not only do I have my CS to restore but I'm also in the process of restoring a 100 year old house! And I am a perfectionist!! Does anyone out there have a cure yet?

At least I'm not alone! I have an idea for the next GT/CS get-together - it should be called "the sick-day party". We can get together (take a sick day)and work on our sicknesses together! I mean our California Specials! LOL