• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Distributor Vacuum Advance Question

Wild Willie

need advise here.... My 68 GT/CS 289, 2V motor had a dual Vacuum advance when I pulled apart the engine for rebuild. The unit is old, rusty and looks bad. Now I want to replace the Vacuum advance. The question is should I replace it with a single Vacuum advance or do I need the Dual vacuum advance? Can you also remind me where the Vacuum advance ends (rubber hoses) go if I go with a single or dual type:undecided?

Mosesatm

It depends on transmission type and whether or not the car has AC, but this one is fairly generic for an automatic.

Attachments

• 68 Vacuum 20f36.jpg
    68 Vacuum 20f36.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 38

robert campbell

Are you going concurs, or do you just want it to run good?

Rob

Arlie. Nice hound dog avatar!!!

aemoo28

Yes do listen to Doctor Rob; we changed my 68's dual to single and maaaaan did he have her purrin'!

Let's all put our hounds on avatars. Great idea Arlie!