• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Deluxe door pull bracket

dalorzo_f

I've misplaced my Body FAM somewhere, but recall seeing a small brace screwed to the door to hold the rear mount for the deluxe door pulls.

Anyone got a photo of one installed, and even better, dimensions. Need to fabricate a pair.

robert campbell

Richard,
Pic of one installed. Mine are all covered up. I actually took dimensions off my GNS to locate the bracket on a non-deluxe door. Was yours a deluxe door and you just need to fabricate a bracket or do you need the location of the holes the bracket screws to the door?

I located the bracket and forward hole from dimensions off my assembled door with the cover plates off to see the screws that attach the pull if that makes any sense to you.

If need be I can take pics of my GNS door pull screws from locations on the door itself. I used the front edge of the door and the top edge of where the door panel seats into the door.

I converted two doors recently to deluxe panels and all went well.

Rob

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Thanks, perfect.

That is pretty much what I thought it looked like. Based on the photo I can fabricate a strap. I am converting a door, and getting the part close is all that is required.

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

A little while with a shear and pan brake and fabbed up some that are pretty close... thanks for the pics! Phone cam crappy/happy snaps...

robert campbell

They look perfect. Years from now if the car ever changes hands someone will stumble onto them. And a huge controversy will ensue as to how this happened!!!

Rob

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

If I ever sell it all mods are documents in thousands of pics. (besides, I was slack and did not fabricate a FoMoCo stamp to label the part!! :wink:)