• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dec Mustang Monthly with RUSS FURSTNOW

hicountrybob

Dec Mustang Monthly with RUSS FURSTNOW

Hey, Russ, way to go and what a nice, nice car you have. Guys, turn to pgs.36 and 37 and and see one of our own with his lovely wife and neat CS. You two must be proud and what neat pictures and a well written article also. Congratulations. Bob Teets

rjw

Re: Dec Mustang Monthly with RUSS FURSTNOW

Well, ever since I saw Bob's post, I have been waiting for my December issue of Mustang Monthly to arrive. I thought I remembered that Russ's was the same color as mine. However, mine has certainly not been restored to this level of detail. Very nice car, Russ!
Richard

Russ

Thank you for the positive comments......but I still haven't received my Mustang Monthly yet, so I'm not sure which photos Jim Smart used. I'm looking forward to seeing the layout. Thanks, again.

Russ

CJ

I received my Mustang Monthly yesterday and was glad to see another article on the California Special. The article was well written and the pictures were great. Kudo's to Russ and his wife for an outstanding GT/CS.

Congratulations

CJ

Talan423

russ- congrats on getting your gt/cs in mustang monthly, what a beautiful car!
i was wondering if any other members of this site have had their car in any type of national publication? if yes... which publication and issue date?

hcsstang

:-\I'm still waiting for mine. I called Mustang Monthly up and they said wait up to Sept. 22

68sunlitgold

I know Bob Teets has had his cars in a couple of mags to include Mustang Monthly. I have 2 articles, with one covering his 428 HCS (a very nice looking car).

Doug

hcsstang

8)I was honored to have my HCS on display at the AACA Hershey museum from April till Sept. of this year. :)
Russ, good show. While at the 40th anniversary , I thought that MCA would recognize the rare cars but they didn't show any interest. Two HCS's and Three or four GTCS's attended the show.

deestix

Was away on business all week, and just got home to find Mustang Monthly in the pile of mail. Saw the California Special article; great article, great car! Very nice job, Russ, we're all proud of you. Anything to continue the education of the general public re: California Specials is a good thing.

Diesel Donna

Talan423-

I was sooo flattered to have a three page spread in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated. I had just inquired with them because I wanted to be included in their 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' issue they do once a year. Bob McClure called me up and said he had good news and bad news. He ran out of room to include me in the Girls issue but that he wanted to do a feature on my car instead. I was crazy happy! This is no concourse car by a long shot.
The April before that, he had picked me to accept the very first trophy at Knott's for most outstanding female Mustang owner. It was in honor of his wife who had recently passed away and she was very involved in his writing and photography business. Lindsay Wagner posed with me and my car but sadly I never got a copy of that photo. The day I left the house for that show I had a girlfriend with me and I asked her if I should bring my camera...I pulled over...still on my street and said to her...naaaaahhhhh, it's just another car show. AAArrrgggghhh!
The photo of my engine was in black and white because it was such a mess! This was a frequent driver car and I had kinda let the engine compartment get dirty.Shame on me. But I was still SOOOO proud!

~~~~Donna