• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Dash Pot and Return spring

green56

need help need a 68 Dash pot & return spring for my 68 check parts houses they don't have them they said nobody makes them check NPD-Mustang Unlimited Tony Branda Napa so if someone has one and would like to sell it please let me knoe also the return spring Tom From WI

franklinair

I haven't seen a dashpot used since the early70's. Their intent was to allow the throttle mechanism on the Carb to return to the Idle position slowly. A superfluous item IMHO. A properly adjust Carb & idle setting will work just fine without it.

Neil

dalorzo_f

Thought the dash pots were used on auto trans cars.

C8ZF-9510-G.jpg

(image courtesy West Coast Classic Cougar website)

OP
OP
G

green56

Dash pot& spring

Would like to thank every body for their answers and were to get parts. Would like to keep car as much org as possible,if i can afford the parts Thanks very much Tom from WI

robert campbell

If you want the original look I would adjust it so it does nothing to the throttle return to idle stop.

As Neil said it is unnecessary.

Rob