• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Dash badging

limelyt

Can someone show me were on the passager dash piece the long badge goes. I have the steering wheel piece for the smaller badge

Gary

Attachments

• GT-CS badging.jpg
    GT-CS badging.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 58

Mosesatm

Does it replace the long Mustang emblem on a standard interior car? Doesn't look like it would work with a deluxe interior.

case12

Yes, the bottom one goes where the mustang and red pony emblem are on the plastic dash piece above the glove box. The whole piece is easily removable from underneath through the glove box. Casey

franklinair

Quite the contrary. GT/CS's did not come from the factory with these emblems. IRC, they are aftermarket items from many years ago for folks that wanted to customize the badging on their cars.

Neil

case12

Paul Newitt had them made right around the same time as his first book. So, they are add-ons. Pretty rare to find! Casey

case12

Not anymore...They were early 90's. Limited made then. Occasionally someone on this site may want to sell, or they may have shown up on ebay once in the last 5 years. A collectors item.

There were hat pins too - one for the registry (I have one of those) and one of the "California Special" script. Really cool. Again, collector items...hard to find.

Casey

Northern Pony

In 2004 we bought two sets of these from Paul N. At that time Paul said we were buying his last two sets.
The dash plaque is recessed on the back and will fit right over the "mustang/red pony emblem using double sided tape.
BoB

quicknick

The oval badge is for the steering wheel. You'll need a Shelby or Cougar center section. The rectangle badge is designed to fit directly over the existing mustang badge above the glove box. See my pix for a reference.

Attachments

• 021_21.jpg
    021_21.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 51
  • steering wheel 013.jpg
    steering wheel 013.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 32