• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Cyl head color?

Doug

I think that they should be blue. I also think that if you look in the "search" box and type in "heads color" many threads will pop up.

Good Luck

franklinair

Plasticoat #224 for the entire engine block & heads & pan. Carried by most Mustang suppliers.

Neil

robert campbell

I am a poof can Krylon guy. So I have a selection of Ford "light blue" or Ford "dark blue". I personally like the light blue color. What is most correct?

Rob

franklinair

The closest correct color for ALL '68 V8's is the Krylon 224. Sorry Rob, the light blue is WRONG:sad:

Neil (van Gogh) Hoppe:smile:

P

PNewitt

There was a variation with the Ford Blue colors for the engines, etc., in '68.

It varied from factory to factory, and there was a blue shade change during production.

So, you're both right (but the darker blue is right for the GT/CS production period and factory).

I'll have the details in the book...

Paul N.

franklinair

I believe you'll find that MCA judging will go for the Plasticoat 224 blue. Jeff Speegle could confirm this.

Neil

J_Speegle

I believe you'll find that MCA judging will go for the Plasticoat 224 blue. Jeff Speegle could confirm this.

Neil

Yes for small blocks (for FE's - different engine assy plant I like a darker blue) I like the Plasticoat for a rattle can found it closer to original engine colors I have compared chips to. JMHO