• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

CS Vanity Plates...What do you have/want?

Z28ZL1

A little vanity?:smile:

IMG_0395.jpg

Last edited:

dpheyes

OK, here's a question. Most people that know me say I never grew up, so is it possible to have a midlife crisis if you never really reached middle age emotionally?

Steve

Well, I'm living proof that the answer to your question is YES! And so is my dad!

Anyway, my folks' '07 plate is "CAL SPL" and his '65 is "RONS 65".

hicountrybob

Well, I'm living proof that the answer to your question is YES! And so is my dad!

Anyway, my folks' '07 plate is "CAL SPL" and his '65 is "RONS 65".
Hey, Doug, I remember that plate on your dad's Mustang conv. from years ago when your parents lived here in Colorado near us. I used to think that type of plate was "old school" and was and is still quite popular with many of us here now. Say hi to him and Ginny for us. HC Bob here.

68gt390

Just after I dropped the 428CJ into my CS I checked about getting customized plates that read "GMKLLR" but it was already gone.

Don :cool:

GT/CS S Code

Future vanity plate ...

As well as having a love of early Mustangs, my wife Laurie and are involved in Cowboy Action Shooting (CAS) locally, and we also participate in a recreated 1890's style Wild West Show. Our "alias" names that we shoot under are "Reverend Al" and "Temperance Tilly" (or sometimes as our alter egos of "Revelry Al & Temptress Tilly"), so I'm planning to get a vanity plate for my 65 Fastback GT350 clone when it's finished that has a dual meaning ...

"Rev Al"

Anyone that shoots with us will get the "double entendre"!

Here are a few photos from some of our previous events and shows.

(In the first photo I'm shooting balloons out of a volunteers fingers)

(Revelry Al & Temptress Tilly)

(The cast of Captain Jack's Wild West Show while performing at the historic O'Keefe Ranch in Vernon, B.C.)

(Reverend Al & Temperance Tilly)

We'll be applying for a set of "collector plates" for our 68 GT/CS S code, and I'll have to check, but I don't think we can get vanity collector plates.
(Collector plates in B.C. allow you recreational use of the car with full insurance, but at a much reduced cost.)

Attachments

• DocPage5.jpg
    DocPage5.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 29
  • TT&Al.jpg
    TT&Al.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Wild West Performers GS4.jpg
    Wild West Performers GS4.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 23
  • MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
miller511

miller511

I'm thinking I may get BKT LST for my '07 CS.
Of course, I just saw the movie The Bucket List. Not a great film. But the concept was good...things to do before you kick the bucket.

J.Bart

ya know, it may be midlife, but i don't see the crisis.
after all, we're driving california specials, no crisis, just enjoyable fun

HappyHour

I'm thinking I may get BKT LST for my '07 CS.
Of course, I just saw the movie The Bucket List. Not a great film. But the concept was good...things to do before you kick the bucket.

Well if you dont at least get 2 bumper stickers that say my other car is a GT/CS. :grin:

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

HappyHour,

Great idea re: the bumper stickers. I also would like to get a plate frame made for the '07 that says "one of XXXX" . Similar to the '68 frames that Casey had made for us. Might be a couple of years out until the official '07 (and '08) production numbers are published.

-Jeff

clubpro

No questions asked when they see my plates 390 GTCS except can I look under the hood. I was very lucky to get them.

Cheers!

Ron