• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

CS "Convertibles"

Mustanglvr

PNewitt said:
In my reaserch, and observing the differences in (1968) car culture between Nor Cal, and So. Cal, I wouldn't expect a Nor Cal dealer to do a limited run CS Convertible.

But--get this--Galpin Ford did a few '68 Coupes with rumble seats! it's in my 1996 book, page 111.

If they did that--they'd maybe do a few CS Convertibles. But--Ford might have said no, because you didn't see anything about it in Hot Rod magazine, like I found on the rumble seat clip.

If anyone out there knows anyone who worked at Galpin Ford back in '68, please let me know.

Here is a link to a story about Galpin Ford in California. Would this be the one you are talking about Paul? If it is, then maybe Mr. Bert Boeckmann would be the guy to call since he has been with the business for many years. The story is from last June.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2006-06-13-pimp-my-ride-usat_x.htm

P

PNewitt

Rhonda!

I'll most likely hit "paydirt" from your article find on the 'net for Galpin Ford.

The previous owner will make for a great interview. I'll seek him out, and see what he remembers about not only possible CS convertibles but for the GT/CS, Lee Grey, and other customized Fords!

Thank you so very much, Rhonda!!!! AWESOME!

Paul N.