• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Cowl Damage

Mosesatm

Attachments

• Cowl Dent.jpg
    Cowl Dent.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 50

Bobsdad

OK, I've thought about this for some time and still can't figure out how someone damages a cowl in this manner. Any thoughts?
This car is up for auction at Mecum Kissimmee.
Yikes, never seen anything like that before either. It looks like maybe they had a wrench or screwdriver on the hood and it slid towards the cowl and got lodged while closing. I know sometimes I leave my hood slightly up and will lift it quickly to and then bring it down to latch properly.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

franklinair

I would venture a guess that during engine installation they inadvertently let the engine swing back and smacked the cowl.
( I love the extra long bolts securing the Export Brace.) Plus, Mechanics Skill 101: Bolts face downward.

Neil

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I would venture a guess that during engine installation they inadvertently let the engine swing back and smacked the cowl.
( I love the extra long bolts securing the Export Brace.) Plus, Mechanics Skill 101: Bolts face downward.

Neil
Transmission output shaft!!!