• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Correct Dash Paint, Laquer or Enamel?

RacingFan

I am redoing the dash and inside doors on my black interior'd GT/CS. I have finished a 1967 restoration using a very nice laquer (light green) and it made the color look very deep. I ordered some black interior paint from CJ Pony Parts and noticed that it was enamel not laquer. Any comments? Thanks.

rvrtrash

My Ford Master Parts Catalog has 3 sections for passenger area interior paint. It has one section for U.S.-Laquers, one section for U.S. and Canada-Laquers, and one section for Canada-Enamel, so I would say the correct paint would be a laquer since the cars were built in the U.S.
Steve

imported_tree

dash paint

the paint that i bought for my car from canadain mustang or its sister shop in the states is black charcoal laquer#l-4464. i have not tried to paint anything yet , (due to cold up here no heated garage) but have been painting a few things to get the feel of the application process down pat, be fore starting on the interior.so far very tricky.And by the way could someone e-mail a picture of a gt/cs poster if you have one. just bought one from e-bay and want to put on special touchs on it for a display board.

thanks terry......................................

calspcl

I ended up going to the auto paint store and having them mix up a quart of the correct parchment paint and then they put it in spray cans. It was laquer.

sorry for the speeling error