• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Congrats to High Country Bob

clubpro

I received my new Mustang Monthly today and as usual I didn't waist any time diving into it. The issue is dedicated to the 40th anniversary of the 428 Cobra Jet. As I read and turned the pages there it was, that beautiful red High Country Special owned by Bob Teets.

Congratulations Bob for another chance to show everyone your rare and beautiful treasure. The education about our rare cars continues.

Cheers!

Ron

Mustanger

I also received my MM issue yesterday, and there was Bob's car ... do I need to say more? Congrats Bob!!! :thumb:

Just a sidenote, I didn't see any reference in the CJ article of the 3 GT/CSs with a 428CJ, only the 9 428CJ HCSs were mentioned ...

68 GTCS

Congratulations Bob!!!!! I can't wait to get a copy, I think I'll run out tonight and grab one. Oh, by the way, my 68 HCS is still sitting in the same spot, I havn't even started on it.

SEE YA.

Kevin

teamlo

Congrats Bob on the MM story. Bring that bad boy to Carlisle in June for the CJ reunion!!!

Terry Hall

hicountrybob

I also received my MM issue yesterday, and there was Bob's car ... do I need to say more? Congrats Bob!!! :thumb:

Just a sidenote, I didn't see any reference in the CJ article of the 3 GT/CSs with a 428CJ, only the 9 428CJ HCSs were mentioned ...

Thanks, All. I, too, noticed this lack of recognition for the 3 CS CJ cars. I'm wondering if it's because I get mine out and about and perhaps the CS cars are not exposed to the writers. Also, Mustang Monthly is getting some mileage out of my pictures (that I signed off on) when I did a photo shoot for them on my CJ and they used them for an article a few years back ( see Mustang Monthly, March, 2004, pages 40-43). Thank you, all, for your nice recognition and comments of our car. P.S. Tracey Ellis did a beautiful job on this article and it also showcases the '66 and '67 High Country Specials. Bob Teets here.

case12

Don't worry - Those 3 GT/CS's will be mentioned in Mustang Times 40th anniversary tribute to the 428 CJ, and John's GT/CS will be shown, as well as many other CJ's from members on this site - including Bob again. :grin: Casey

Midnight Special

...Loaded the kids in the '69 CJ tonite, went straight to Barnes & Noble, got a copy of MM (and some other Mustang books) and read while we ate at Sizzler... Nice stories on the CJ and Bob's HCS! Congratulations!!

Attachments

• 0174.JPG
    0174.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 0149.JPG
    0149.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 0164.JPG
    0164.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 0177.JPG
    0177.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 0226.JPG
    0226.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 39

aemoo28

I was so excited to see this when I scrolled thru my issue! I proudly displayed it to everyone on my unit! And as always, they reminded me that not everyone gets as excited as I do about Mustangs. Spoilers! Yay CS people! And HCS people! Although it doesn't mention the 1970 428 SCJ R code Twisters either.

hicountrybob

Congrats Bob on the MM story. Bring that bad boy to Carlisle in June for the CJ reunion!!!

Terry Hall

Terry, oh THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU. We're coming, BAD BOY and all. Thanks for the prompting, as your post started things rocking and rolling here at my house. Now to get accommodations close by the action. Are you familiar with the area or can we go off site to talk? I'll be glad to phone you!!!!!!!!! Need a ph. #. Bob Teets here.