• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Car on the train

koronen

I just called the dealership, found out that my car is on the train to Seattle!! I should have pics next week, the dealership is going to email them to me. Less than 3 weeks till I get to pick it up =)

Midnight Special

...Makes me remember the 1960s & watching trains with the open auto carriers full of new cars :) Around here; Western Pacific carried the new Fords and Southern Pacific - new GMs.

Gone are the two railroads and the open haulers...

Congratulations koronen! 'Now just get home safely to enjoy your prize :)

Attachments

• ssw.jpg
    ssw.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 42
  • d17.jpg
    d17.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 42
P

PNewitt

I just called the dealership, found out that my car is on the train to Seattle!! I should have pics next week, the dealership is going to email them to me. Less than 3 weeks till I get to pick it up =)

If these pics are your CS on the train, and/or getting on or off it, PLEASE send me copies for the book. I would LOVE to get pics like that!

Thanks!

Paul Newitt
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

OP
OP
K

koronen

I will see what they give me, my guess though is that they will be downloaded from the train and put on a trans truck before hitting the dealership though =/

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, a photo would be great. Kind of like the early models were shipped:

milepst2.gif

67train.gif

OP
OP
K

koronen

If anyone is in the Seattle area and can get to wherever they will be unloading it, they can take the pics...I doubt the dealership will be able or willing to do it though. If there is anyone interested in going to take pics, let me know and I will try to find out where and when the train will be dropping my car off.

Midnight Special

..Typically, those areas are pretty secure and will require permission or knowing someone. It would also be hard telling which car is yours as the unloading areas are huge with each rail car containing 18-24 cars multiplied by upwards of 50 railroad cars per train. There may also be numerous auto trains from other areas there at the same time depending on how large the terminal. 'Like finding a needle in a (big) haystack...

aemoo28

I'll go! I'll go! Tell me when it arrives! I want to see my twin CS!

I actually will be near the base next Monday for clinical at the American Lake VA. Is it that Ford dealership right off I-5, exit 125?

If you speak to someone and can persuade them to let me close (I'm not mentioning you **bribe** anyone or something)(yes I am) but if they allow me to get close for pics, it would be GREAT for the next CS book! I am an aggressive determined young woman with 3 inch heeled black boots and a zoom camera!

And when do you return to the base?

aemoo28

Koronen,
I have established a contact thru my Mustang club, MustangsNorthwest, who will allow me to get up close and personal with the unloading of your vehicle from the train. I confirmed I'd like to get photos of the train and location, as well as dealership unloads. Probably only get to catch the dealership unload, but if at all possible I will try to be at the train depot too. I explained the situation, that you were on location, etc, and my guy is very happy to do all he can to comply to this request. I told him I suspected it was the Lakewood dealership- is it? The only issue is I can't be present on the weekend due to my dual 12 hour shifts at the hospital. Of course we'll need to echange info if you still would like me to go ahead with this exciting opportunity.

Amy

aemoo28

Steve, you're in Idaho! Come over and help us!

BTW Koronen, there is a also a member of MNW who is organizing a Mustang caravan down to the Galpin event next month, if you are still planning on going. It'll start somewhere north of us and follow parade-like down to Cali. I wish I wasn't in 12 hr clinical on this important day!!

OP
OP
K

koronen

And I will be coming back from Cali before the event is over =/ I only get to take leave till the 18th.

aemoo28

AS IT IS, I must remove my boots to drive my Cali. Heels get caught on the pedal, and I will not risk hurting my Cali. Plus it's more fun to pull up alongside the men on the parking strip, open the driver's door, and stick a perfectly pedicured left foot out for a moment before zipping up the black leather 3'' heeled boots.

So Koronean, have you seen your car yet? I may have to stop by Titus Will Ford on my way to Auto FX in South Tacoma for louver installation and take a look-see. Do you have pics yet of your car? Would you like some?