• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Calling all two tone blue interior owners

Carpet color

• Light Blue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medium Blue

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Dark Blue

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

x-codegtcs

I am confused as heck with the catalogs and the LIGHT, MEDIUM and DARK blues...So I am asking for a poll :

What color is your Headliner
What color is your Carpet
What color are your visors

Thanks!!!!

Ruppstang

The headliner and visors are medium blue and the carpet is dark blue. I judge a lot of cars that the owners used the wrong colors. I'll atach a picture of a unrestored 68 blue interior. One very frustration thing is getting the correct carpet color because they do not make the perfect match. Gota love black interiors! Marty

Attachments

• 1968 original standard  blue interior.jpg
    1968 original standard blue interior.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 77

AADaddy

Interesting picture. My car must have the original carpet. Color is spot on for what is in my car.

OP
OP
X

x-codegtcs

Thanks Guys!!!

Marty - another noob question - I noticed a Med Blue carpet in NPD for 68 - would that be more close to what you have in your original car photo? I know that it is anyone's guess what to expect. BUT, then they only offer the paint in Light and Dark blue...I can see from the ditzler color chips that the painted surfaces were Light Blue Poly - is there anything else in the car that is suposed to be light blue (other than the seats)?

Ruppstang

Thanks Guys!!!

Marty - another noob question - I noticed a Med Blue carpet in NPD for 68 - would that be more close to what you have in your original car photo? I know that it is anyone's guess what to expect. BUT, then they only offer the paint in Light and Dark blue...I can see from the ditzler color chips that the painted surfaces were Light Blue Poly - is there anything else in the car that is suposed to be light blue (other than the seats)?

NPD gets their carpet from Auto Custom Carpet. You can go to their web site autocustomcarpet.com and look at their samples. After you find what you think is close you can ask for a free sample. Thats helps alot. I have not had much luck buying NPD's interior paint and dye. They are not even close. I would recomend taking some of your loose pieces to a paint store and have a custom mix made. If you do not have a spray gun they can put it in to a rattle can. I do not recomend using the vinyl dye on wear items like the sun visors. A good cleaning and then a vinyl treatment usely does the trick. I do have some original visors that are Medium Blue Metallic. The visors should match the head linner. The only place that is not painted the light blue metalic (9147LH) is the dash pad trim strips that are (9152LH) Darl Blue Metallic. If you have more questions give me a call. Marty

68HCS289

The headliner and visors are medium blue and the carpet is dark blue. I judge a lot of cars that the owners used the wrong colors. I'll atach a picture of a unrestored 68 blue interior. One very frustration thing is getting the correct carpet color because they do not make the perfect match. Gota love black interiors! Marty

Amen to that, had a heck of a time finding good floor mats to replace the stained ones I got with the car. This is how my interior looks in mine with pic you posted.