• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Be Safe When Camping.

John McGilvary

Some of you may have seen on the national news about an 11 year old boy that was drug out of his tent and killed by a black bear here in Utah.

It happened last night about 10 miles from where I live. I have camped in this same area and at that same campsite many times in the last 40 years, and thought it was completely safe. I was listening on my scanner, until they found the boy at about 3am this morning. It was very graffic, and I'll bet sad, and intense for the boys family. I can only thank God that it was not one of my kids or grand kids.

'BE CAREFUL CAMPING'
John

Mustanger

Yes, this was a very sad story and I can definitely feel for the family who was horrified. According to the news report, they're still not sure what would cause the bear to do this especially since there was no food inside the tent. They are speculating that perhaps the boy was playing with his Gameboy, and this was what attracted the bear. My heart and prayers go out to this family ...