• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Baby's got some new shoes!

AADaddy

Just installed my new wheels and tires. Went with Rocket Racing Hyper Shot booster wheels. Now I can actually drive my car somewhere! Old tires had cracked side walls! Too bad most of the car shows are over for the year and I ripped out 70% of my interior to start redoing it. :icon_bore

Attachments

• RBWheel2.jpg
    RBWheel2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 63
  • RBWheels.jpg
    RBWheels.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 66

Mustanger

Nice wheel/tire combo ... what size and brand are the tires? Does your car handle/grip better now? ...

OP
OP
A

AADaddy

Wheels are Rocket Racing Booster wheels in a Hyper Shot finish. Size is 17x8 with 4.5" back spacing all the way around. The tires are Michelin Pilot Sports. I haven't driven it yet outside of my drive way. Have to fix the kickdown on the transmission first. It fell apart when I did my borgeson gear box. Had to order new parts to fix it because I think my wife swept the parts out of the garage! That said, I have similar tires on my 2007 GT and they are awesome. My 07 has about 600 hp and these tires hook up pretty quick on a hot summer day, plus they are excellant for track days. The old tires on my GTCS were rotten so anything is an improvement! It was like roulette driving that car anywhere! Just waiting for them to blow out.

Mustanger

Nice ... yeah, I know what you mean about replacing worn out tires, mine are really worn out but they'll soon get replaced after I get out of the body/paint shop :thumb: ...

OP
OP
A

AADaddy

I can't wait for body and paint work! That's the very last thing I am doing to the car. Just started redoing the interior this week. Recovering the seats, new carpet, getting the metal panels repainted. I need to pull the dask to get that painted as well.