• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Autolite battery

green56

I got mine at auto zone i don't know if they are in business. you just might have to call the auto stores

Ruppstang

As Randy said most Mustang venders carry them. If you show the car I would not fill the battery. They do not last very long and are expencive. I use a good quality 24F and put the Autolite in at the show. I also have the Autolite fake cap to make the regular one look better. Hint buy the cap first and find a battery that fits the holes in the cap. Marty

OP
OP
calspcl

calspcl

The link to the store in R&R does not work. The re-pops are over 200 bucks and I dont show for concures, just show and shine once or twice a year. I like the cap idea, where can you get the fake caps?

thanks, dan

franklinair

If someone wanted to make some $$$, they'd develope a battery with the modern technology, make an arrangement with Autolite (for appearance sake) and sell a quality product that would also adhere to show requirements. Mustang enthusiasts would buy them, show or no show. (Paint it black and call it Autolite)

Neil

Ruppstang

Dan,
NPD has it part#10656-1A price 39.95
Some one at the VA beach show said that they used a old autolite battery and removed all the plates and inserted a gel cell 7 year battery and resealed it. The gel battery is smaller and the post spacing is the same as the autolite. Marty

clubpro

R & R Classics has the battery that you are looking for. These batteries are maintenance free, utilizing the latest AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) technology so they never require adding acid or water filling. The electrolyte is trapped in the separators so the battery can't leak, even if the case is broken. They come fully charged and ready for installation. These are not generic batteries inside a case, they are full true AGM batteries. Made in the USA and they are concourse correct. The price is $227.50 plus shipping.

Cheers,

Ron

Ruppstang

Ron that is a good price on the sealed battery. I tryed to open your store page and it would not open. Do you have a paper catalog? Marty

OP
OP
calspcl

calspcl

That is a decent price for a new tech design in an old school look. Ron, I could not get your store link to work either

clubpro

My website store had to be closed due to financial reasons. They simply wanted too much money to keep it online so I had to look at how often it was being used and decided to shut it down. I do have a printed catalog that you are welcome to have, just send me your address and I will get it to you.

Cheers,

Ron