• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Any other 200ci HCS cars?

6cylHCS

Hey guys and gals I'm new to this sight, but after talking to Mr. Teets the thought is that there is only about 3 or so 6 cyl. HCS cars out there. So I'm looking for those lucky or not so lucky enough to own a 428cj like Bob to compare notes with. Look forward to meeting you who ever you are.

hcsstang

If I'm not mistaken I think that you will find two around the Washington D.C. area. One for sure. Every once in a while you run across him in the website.

OP
OP

6cylHCS

[quote author=hcsstang link=board=1;threadid=2174;start=0#msg14762 date=1127951371]
If I'm not mistaken I think that you will find two around the Washington D.C. area. One for sure. Every once in a while you run across him in the website.
If any knows this guy have him to drop me a line.[/quote]

hicountrybob

Randy, in reply to your post about 6 cyl HCS cars, I just went thru the HCS registry and have the following info for you and any others who have an interest in this 6 cyl topic. Please keep in mind that Paul Newitt may have received other vins and/or updates on currant owners of 6 cyl HCS that I have not yet received from him. I have 11- 6 cyl cars listed. one car in CA, 1 car in UTAH, one car in MAINE, 5 cars in COLO, 1 car in KANSAS, 1 car in ILL, and 1 car in CONN(yours). In no way can I tell how many were built. This info has to come from you by getting a DELUXE Marti report ($44.00?) PLEASE DO IT and share it with us. In the HCS faith, hicountry Bob TEETS here

OP
OP

6cylHCS

Hey Bob it's good to hear from you again. So you have 11 6 cyl. cars on the list? Are they all HCS cars or was that CS cars too?
The car in Maine, is it under the name Simmons, that's my car it changed hands in April this year. And it's comming along real nice. This week I treated it to a new dash pad, dash trim, and windsheild. I also had to put a new alt. and voltage reg. in to fix alot of ills. Well let me know what you find. Thanks again, Rand

Mustanglvr

There are only 130 GT/CS`s with 6 cylinder engines out of 3,867, so I would`nt be surprised that there is a low number of HCS`s with 6 cylinders. 11 out of 251 sounds like it would be close to the actual count comparing them to each other. Just my 2 cents worth. Rhonda

68sunlitgold

Rhonda,
did you get that from your Marti report or did you ask Kevin Marti for that number?

Doug

cases66

I live in Colorado Springs and happen to own a 68' 6 cylinder, 3 speed HCS. It was purchased from Denver by a buddy of mine from Wyoming in 94'. I purchased it from him in 98' and moved it back down to Colorado. I have a Marti Autoworks sheet on it but I was disapointed that it listed it as a California Special with a DSO of 51. Ford apparently did not specifically designate the HCS's in the codes.

As part of the restoration, I have a set of Ford stamped 67' rear quarters in factory condition that I would like to trade for a set of Ford 68' quarters if anyone knows who may have a pair that is willing to swap.

Mustanglvr

[quote author=68sunlitgold link=board=1;threadid=2174;start=0#msg14928 date=1128358487]
Rhonda,
did you get that from your Marti report or did you ask Kevin Marti for that number?

Doug
[/quote]

I was told by the gentlemen with whom I bought the car that mine was 1 of 130 6 cylinder GT/CS`s produced. I have read that number several times here on the site also. I think even Paul mentioned it. It`s not on my Marti report though. Can anybody confirm this number?
Rhonda

OP
OP

6cylHCS

I live in Colorado Springs and happen to own a 68' 6 cylinder, 3 speed HCS.

Im trying to get a small group of people togather to share discoveries and down falls of the 200ci CS and HCS cars. Your the first Ive heard from. My car is as I guess most 6's are, pretty plain Candyapple red w/ black stripes, 3 spd, I think the only options it has are an am radio, wheel covers, and headrests. And the California Special package. I think Ive been able to put a pci. on this page.

T Code Bob

I have a 200 CID CS. It's Candyapple Red with white stripes. It had the "dog dish" hub caps insead of the base Mustang wheel covers when I bought it. Does anyone know if that was standard issue for the 6 cylinder GT/CS?

Mustanglvr

My GT/CS 6 cylinder came with A/C, lower console, chrome wheel trim and GT wheels along with other options. Later there were more options added (according to the 1988 registry book) but some were missing when I got it. Like the upper console and convenience control stuff. It is Highland Green with a white stripe and saddle interior.

OP
OP

6cylHCS

Rhonda are you saying your 6 has 5 lug GT wheels on it? I thought 6's only came w/ 4 lug wheels and drums all around. I could be wrong.

Mustanglvr

I don`t know much about the car, but it came with 5 lug wheels, a fresh 289 4V engine and a 4 speed tranny. It has the chrome GT wheel rims with no GT logo in the middle. Just like you see on most GT/CS`s that aren`t GT`s. It originally came with a 6 cylinder when it was new, but thats all I know.