• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Another new 2007 GT/CS owner checks in...

nkp722

Ok, I'll admit it. The Mustang, as I mentally envisioned it, really only existed from 1964-1974. I guess I just didn't feel the same emotional attachment to the models that followed. Then, THEN, ford came out with the S197. Wow! The best of the old and the new! I started smiling at Mustangs again. Once the GT/CS was reintroduced for 2007, I decided to stop looking and start buying. I contemplated the Shelby GT500 (who hasn't?), but wasn't thrilled by the idea of paying 20k over msrp, and also had other family members to consider that didn't relish learning to drive stick...so, the California Special was a perfect fit. Proper homage to the original and well done in its current form. I chose white because it seemed most reminiscent to me of the original...but that's just me. It was a tough car to find, too...only 4 existed on the east coast at the time I was looking. (I wonder what final '07 production numbers will be) but I finally found a dealer in baltimore that was willing to find me any car I wanted for the invoice price, so we hunted around and found just the right car in north Jersey. Had fun with the hunt, and then I bagged my prey! So, she sits in my garage waiting for warm sunny days to return. I'm getting antsy. Nuts to global warming! I've enjoyed seeing the community that has sprung up here, and the willingness to embrace us new infidels. Who knows, if I can add more garage space, maybe the perfect solution would be to have both a 68 and an 07 to choose driving from each day.... :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1602_640x480.JPG
    IMG_1602_640x480.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 25

joedls

Welcome!! I think you'll find this is a great community.

BTW, your GT/CS would look right at home next to this one.

Attachments

• P1000039(2)-resized.JPG
    P1000039(2)-resized.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 26

bztz4m

Welcome to the club I too am a new owner of a 2007 GT/CS my is a coupe with Black/Parchment interior.

Attachments

• GTCS1.jpg
    GTCS1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 21

skipcad

NEW GT/CS owner too!

Nice car!
Just bought myself a new 2007 GT/CS convertible on January 12th. I had special ordered one, but after 8 weeks, and still not even a VIN #, the dealer called me back and talked me into taking one from a dealer in Northern New York (I'm in Maryland). Anyway, it's vista blue with black/dove interior, and a black cloth convertible top. The one I special ordered had the woven charcoal and the GT apearance package, but this one has the satin silver dash trim and no GT package...that was the whole reason for the special order, but that's how it goes...I bought it with the manual because I figured this car just needed to have it. There were only 2 blue ones with the dove grey interior in the dealer system, and I chose the manual one.

I have always been a fan of the older CS cars too. I just wanted something besides a standard GT, and the Shelby premiums are just uncalled for. I can't wait to see the final production numbers on these,vs. the Shelbys. I'm going to keep it pretty stock, but I will be adding the Mach 1 rear honeycomb panel and the CDC sequential tail lights. Right now, it's sitting in the garage next to my 67 Firebird 400 convertible, but that's another story....I'm going to run my Honda Accord (has 200,500 miles on it) until it dies, so I can save this baby for as long as possible. After that, she'll have to be the daily driver....ouch...later! website:
http://members.aol.com/skipcad/index.html for pics of the toys.

Attachments

• IMG0019c.jpg
    IMG0019c.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG0020c.jpg
    IMG0020c.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG0021c.jpg
    IMG0021c.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 19
  • Fhart3.jpg
    Fhart3.jpg