• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Another GT/CS recognition guide on ebay

StraightSix

Wow... now I feel like I got a bargain for $100 (including Paul's autograph and his GT/CS mini catalog)!

-Winston

I got mine with the dead car... I thought the book was cool, but I didn't realize that it was so valuable!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
[quote author=StraightSix link=board=1;threadid=88;start=0#322 date=1035854769]
(including Paul's autograph and his GT/CS mini catalog)!

-Winston
[/quote]

Huh? What mini catalog?? ???

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

Jon,
There was a small pamphlet (about 6-8 pages) that had items that Paul was selling, like the bulbs, decals and other hard to find parts. I believe it was sent to the people who got the first recognition guide, who where the ones that sent their GT/CS info in during the first request by Paul. I have seen only one from another owner and it also had items like the steering wheel insert that said “California Special”. You will recall that these are the items that Paul talks about in the first book that Ford was looking at initially. If someone has one (deadstang) it would be great if you could scan in the pages and post it here, my memory is not very good on what was in it.
Doug

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Learn something new every day. 8)

Thanks for the info. Yes, if someone has a copy I'd love to see it.

Mine says it was copywrited in 1989. It was signed 9/14/93 by Paul Newitt and is inscribed to the owner that I bought the car from. I also have Volumes I & II from Spring '93 of a paper publication called "California Corral" that came from the CS/GT Owner's Club and Paul Newitt that have some little articles and a page of CS/GT parts for sale--are these what you're talking about?

StraightSix

I may be getting a scanner this weekend. If so, I'll try and post what I have.

-Winston