• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

A Red "Green Hornet"???

Trap68

For those of you that have the latest issue (Nov 06) of Mustang Monthly, can you go to page 78 and verify what that red 68 coupe is? Its got the Marchal fog lights; all of the Shelby fiberglass / badging and the side stripe looks like "EXP" which would be EXP-500. If it is a "Green Hornet" clone, I wonder why the owner went with a Candy-Apple Red vice the original green color after putting in a lot of work into the car?

Midnight Special

...I can only surmise he likes the red color as well as the total Shelby feature in a coupe. Strange - but quite a few coupes have been done lately complete with Shelby letters on the trunk lid, GT-350, 500 and 500KR stripes et-al (some w/ roll bars) and have been maketed as Shelby clones. Too, If this were a serious Green Hornet clone it would have the (hard to duplicate) independent rear suspention and other mods unique to that car. If so - then yes, I would seriously ask "why red?"

Mustanglvr

Maybe thats what he thinks "Little Red" looked like. Although it was a 67 right?
Can somebody post the picture?

case12

Little Red. Casey

Attachments

• Little Red.jpg
    Little Red.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 38

Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr said:
Maybe thats what he thinks "Little Red" looked like. Although it was a 67 right?
Can somebody post the picture?

Thanks Casey:smile: :wink:
:grin: Now how about one of page 78 in Mustang Monthly?

Mosesatm

We're always telling people to do with their cars what they want. As much as I like Highland Green I'll admit that red looks good on that car!:thumb:

luisa2552

Very cool car. I know it's been said before, but I wish our cars got the shelby nose!

P

PNewitt

luisa2552 said:
Very cool car. I know it's been said before, but I wish our cars got the shelby nose!

It was SO close to happening! Fred Goodell told me that on the phone many years ago. But, the bean counters at Ford said "no".

We do have one GT/CS with an owner-added Shelby Nose. It looks interesting!

I also did see another GH clone in a photo of a Shelby (SAAC) event at Shelby's HQ in Las Vegas, about a year ago.

Paul N.

Mustanglvr

Was`nt the original Green Hornet supposed to come up for auction soon?

miller511

Can you even imagine what it might go for at B-J? $500K? More? Less?

DAR1

I ran across something in an ad from Australia For those who like the '68 Shelby front look but may not want to commit to the installation. Here is a picture - note the lower valance under the bumper.
Dan

Attachments

• mikesmustang002003.jpg
    mikesmustang002003.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 33
P

PNewitt

That lower valance is too cool, Dan! I wonder if that's an aftermarket piece, or a modified '68 Shelby piece, or someone had the stock valance cut, and the Shelby valance chrome trim attached?

I took the photo you found of the OZ 'stang, and "tweaked" it in photoshop with the grille and Lucas light from a white CS. I think it looks really, really neat! I now wonder why Ford didn't do that....

I thought of doing that for my CS long ago, but never got around to it. I think it looks awesome!

thanks!

Paul N.

p.s. it was in Motor Trend Classic that mentioned the GH value at somewhere between $1.8 and 2.0 Million. Too bad there aren't any kickbacks for research....

Attachments

• newnose.jpg
    newnose.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Mosesatm

Trap68 said:
Rumor has it that it'll be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson next January.

Here is the BJ Scottsdale list as of last week. No Green Hornet yet that I can see.

Last edited:

DAR1

Paul,
Your tweaked picture looks fantastic. It is amazing that Ford (who approved cutting up the tailight panel for the Shelby/T-bird lights) couldn't have streatched a little further to cut out the valance.
Dan