• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 A must-have book!...

Midnight Special

...for some of you. Complete lists of parts on everything 221-cid to 460! Includes Heads, blocks, manifolds, cranks, rods, cams, valve gear, carburetor IDs, distributors, all accessories, plus casting numbers and where to find them! Also covers Clevelands, Windsors and SVO components. Very thorough!

I found it at Barnes & Noble this evening...

Attachments

• IM001609.jpg
    IM001609.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IM001610.jpg
    IM001610.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

somethingspecial

Forgive my CID ignorance - does it also include V8 flatheads? Thanks, Casey

A great book on Flat Head V8s is the "FORD Flathead V-8 Builders Handbook 1932-1953. by Frank Oddo It covers the Stock and High Performance rebuilds, Finding the right block, Selecting the correct components, Manifolds, heads, camshafts, crankshafts, pistons, ignitions, exhaust, Boring, stroking, porting and relieving, Cooling. Great book with lots of soarces for parts and services.

Published by "California Bills Automotive handbooks" www.californiabills.com
Distributed by "Motorbooks International"
ISBN-10 1-931128-11-1
ISBN-13 978-1-931128-11-7

Mike

case12

Thanks Mike. I just bought a 36 ford truck (a barn find) and it has a flathead. I intend to make it into a hot rod, but am totally ignorant about flat head engines. I will check this out. Thanks a lot. Casey