• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'68 R-Code Convertible on eBay

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Mustanglvr said:
This R code convertible will be beautiful once its restored.

....and, according to the seller, it'll be worth $500,000!!!:rolleyes:

rvrtrash

I call BS on this one. Even if they didn't require titles before '74, I'm sure they would've issued one when he went in to license it. The part that really gets me is "Balance to be wired to my lawyer's escrow account before it can be picked up". I smell something and it ain't pretty.:tongue:
Steve

RedGTvert

rvrtrash said:
I call BS on this one. Even if they didn't require titles before '74, I'm sure they would've issued one when he went in to license it. The part that really gets me is "Balance to be wired to my lawyer's escrow account before it can be picked up". I smell something and it ain't pretty.:tongue:
Steve

I traded an e-mail with the owner. It has a hole in the drivers floor and what he considers several minor issues, not to mention the wrong color. Sure it may be a $500K car at Barrett, but it could also be a $100K car. It depends on who wants it and just how bad.

I have been to numerous B-J auctions, and contrary to popular opinion, not every car gets sold at outrageous prices. Many good deals can be had if you look hard enough.

BroadwayBlue

rvrtrash said:
Steve

Just realized this car is right near where I work. About 10-15 minutes away.

That's true though.
There are no titles in NY for cars manufactured prior to 1973 actually.They do not require you to get a title when you register it either.
For a car older than 1973, ownership is transferred by signing the back of the registration. There is a short paragraph on transferring ownership on the back where you sign.

From the NYS DMV Site:

Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles - model year 1972 or older
The acceptable proof of ownership is a NYS transferable registration or the acceptable proof of ownership for that vehicle issued by another state.
NYS does not issue title certificates for 1972 and older vehicles. NYS DMV normally issues a transferable registration for proof of ownership for a 1972 or older motor vehicle. The owner can use the transferable registration to transfer ownership to another person. If the proof of ownership is a NYS registration document, make sure the registration document is marked "transferable" on the front. The person whose name appears on the proof of ownership must sign the transfer section of the proof of ownership.

stang32

broadway blue is correct, in NYS you have what is called a transferable registration, fact of the matter is, once the car goes to a state that does issue titles for older vehicles, it will then have a title & yes every state recognizes NYS transferable registrations as proof of ownership.
I sold a car to someone in NJ & they got a title once they registered it.

ClskMstg

I agree. The only way he would not have a title is to be the owner of the car since before 1974 if that is indeed the law.

Old pictures... transfer the money to my lawyer.... I would do some *really* close inspection on all sides of that deal.

Rare car. I've never seen one. I've seen some coupes, but never a convertible.

:rolleyes:

BroadwayBlue

ClskMstg said:
I agree. The only way he would not have a title is to be the owner of the car since before 1974 if that is indeed the law.

Old pictures... transfer the money to my lawyer.... I would do some *really* close inspection on all sides of that deal.

Rare car. I've never seen one. I've seen some coupes, but never a convertible.

:rolleyes:

No, in New York state it has nothing to do with when you took ownership of the car. It is based on the model year of the car. It is if the car was built prior to 1973.
I bought my CS last year and I don't have a title.
Ownership was transferred by the previous owner signing the back of the registration and then I got a new registration that is transferrable. No title.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

But shouldn't someone who bought a car before 1973 still have the original title?