• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68 GT Coupe and 68 GT/CS Diecast Model

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

They have finally posted the proto-type photo's of the 68 GT Coupe diecast model on the web. If your interested to see them go to the following site:

http://www.greenlighttoys.com/

You'll see the link listed once on their home page. I need to contact them and see if they've made the changes I suggested. These were the early photo's of the model.

Don :grin:

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

gt bandit said:
Looks great ,

I own a 68 GT fast back model from Auto Lite , the attention detail is amazing with even the steering operational via rack and pinion.

I'm just excited to finally see a coupe version diecast coming out. I'm sure it's going to be a hit for their company since they are the only folks that so far are making one. Plus the fact they used my car makes it even neater. The fact that they've finally posted the photo's to the web means they must be getting close to actual production.

Don :grin:

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

CJ 56 said:
HI all from NZ
When these come available is this forum going to try and organise a large buy of the product?
CJ

Just so you know this is not the CS diecast. This is my 68 GT 390 Coupe. The CS model will be out right behind this one. They are sending me the first photo's of it 1/20/06 for review.

Don

hookedtrout

I see in the muscle car section 1/18 it shows the GT/CS and it says coming soon and it will be available in Royal Maroon and Blue, let's hope it's Acapulco.

Cory

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Last edited:

PFSlim

Don

Do you think they are prepared for a mass ordering from folks on this site?? I am really looking forward to it. Our thanks to you Don for the assistance in making this happen!!

Paul

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Here's another site I found that is taking pre-orders for the models.

http://www.supercar1.com/cart/CarDetail.asp?item_id=2675&

This will give us 2 sites to order from. They mention that the models will be ready for shipping in March 06. Don't know how true that is but, it can't hurt. I'm not even sure how many copies will be sent to each dealer. On Greenlight's page they list dealers that distribute their products. You can also try those. They did mention that www.diecastalley.com would be getting them first. So I guess which either way you want to do it will work.

Don

PFSlim

I would be interested in how folks from the site are going to approach this. I want to make sure I get a few of the Blue cars but feel alittle odd about the pre order since it is not the same company who is manufacturing. I would be scared of a scam. What is everyone else thinking? Has anyone pre ordered yet?

Don: Is there a way that we can work a deal to order direct from the manufacture since we are members of the site?? Just thinking out loud.

Paul

hookedtrout

I would think in the big scheme of things GT/CS owners are a small percentage of the Mustang world. Therefore if they produce the diecast at regular production rates along side of the the other cars they do we will be the most interested in the CS. In other words I'm thinking there will be plenty to go around.

On a side note; in talking with them I found out the blue is going to be Acapulco blue. Right on!! They wanted some pictures to hammer down the color so I sent them some.

Cory

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

PFSlim said:
I would be interested in how folks from the site are going to approach this. I want to make sure I get a few of the Blue cars but feel alittle odd about the pre order since it is not the same company who is manufacturing. I would be scared of a scam. What is everyone else thinking? Has anyone pre ordered yet?

Don: Is there a way that we can work a deal to order direct from the manufacture since we are members of the site?? Just thinking out loud.

Paul

Myself, I wouldn't be worried about a scam since both sites are verified distributors for Greenlight Collectibles. The only problem I see is getting the color that you want. Usually most distributors ship what ever color is on hand or in stock. As for purchasing directly from Greenlight, I will check with them. The problem I see with that is I'm sure there is a mark-up from the distributor based on what they actually pay for the models they receive from Greenlight.

Don