• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 68.5 car

JohnsCS/CJ

Hi Armond,

Welcome to the this great site. I was more than interested seeing your post, and the fact that you are in Lehi, Ut. Having been born and raised in Lehi before moving to the Great Northwest. I am also in shock learning that John NcGilvary sold his car. I don't recall it being for sale. Anyway I enjoyed looking at your website and your great work.

Ralph

Ya, I sold it Ralph, and when Armond is done working his magic it will look
better than it did the day I bought it.
I hope to be sitting next to it in some shows next year.

John

GT/CS S Code

Where oh where can they be?

There were only 3 GT/CS's made with 428s.

Edit: "They only made 3-factory 428 GT/CS cars. They made 9-CJ HCS cars though. Of the 9-HCS cars produced, I think 6 are accounted for." From GTCSMustang

Obviously the HCS's were Denver area, but does anybody know what DSO's the other 3 GT/CS 428 CJ's were sold in? Just curious where they might have gone originally ...

hicountrybob

R-Code DSOs
73, 73, 74

and DSO 51. 9 were HCS, 7 of them in the registry, 2 missing yet, plus other R's in fastbacks, coupe and according to K. Marti, 34 conv of which we owned 1 of them (The Red Jet). I would assume other DSO's had CJ's also But w/Cal Sp's, why not Salt Lake, Dallas, Seattle etc. etc?????????

OP
OP
Armond

Armond

I have been putting the C/S back together. I got it painted about a month and a half ago. Two things happened to me as I was getting it ready to shoot it. I tore my right shoulder again, third time and I need surgery. I was dealing with it and going to shoot it and just a few hours before I was to begin I had a fall in the shop and ripped open my palm of my right hand and received nine stitch's. That was a big mess, so I had one of my former students from the University who became a very good painter step in and shoot it for me and do it exactly how I wanted it done. So for the first time I had to have someone else shoot a car for me. The car is farther along than is shown, I have to take some more pictures. Also this car had had the deck lid painted off the car from the factory and I was told this is unusual. So I painted it off the car. Anyway here are a few shots of it and I'll get some more soon.

68GTCSPaint001.jpg

68GTCSPaint004.jpg

68GTCSPaint005.jpg

68GTCSPaint015.jpg

68GTCSPaint032.jpg

68GTCSPaint024.jpg

68GTCSPaint021.jpg

68GTCSPaint020.jpg

68GTCSPaint027.jpg

68GTCSPaint017.jpg

Ruppstang

Very nice work! I am curious about the black primer on the undercarriage. I have never seen a San Jose car with the black priner. I hope I get to judge it in St George. See you soon. Marty

OP
OP
Armond

Armond

It was most definitely a black primer car. I am to neurotic to not put it back the way it was. Interior and exterior was red ox under the paint and black underneath. I just looked at all the pics I took and I must not have taken any good shots of it. We are on track to make it to the show. It will be nice to meet you. Thanks!

GTCSMustang

Armond,

Do you think the starter delay location was factory or did it (or the solenoid) get moved at some point?

Scott

OP
OP
Armond

Armond

I believe it is original. The screws matched and John said he never messed with it. It is the first one I have seen this way.