• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

67 full console

jk89cat

after a bad week and some heart felt thinkingabout where i am going with what i got. i have been demoted to part time at work , i am in a bad way financailly . so heres the deal , before i post it on ebay , i wanted to see if any of you guys/girls have a interest in my 67 full console, i dont have the actual shifter, but its all there otherwise ill post some pictures in the next 2 days . justin

Trap68

Justin,
Two thumbs up for offering up the console to the forum first. With that being said, you'll probably get more money on e-bay and considering your financial state as it is, it might be more prudent to go that route. I know Jason is buying up some console parts on e-bay (ask me how I know:grin: )...he might be interested.
Good luck and I hope your financial situation works out quickly.

Cheers!

390cs68rcode

Trap68 said:
Justin,
Two thumbs up for offering up the console to the forum first. With that being said, you'll probably get more money on e-bay and considering your financial state as it is, it might be more prudent to go that route. I know Jason is buying up some console parts on e-bay (ask me how I know:grin: )...he might be interested.
Good luck and I hope your financial situation works out quickly.

Cheers!

Did I outbid you on that lower console pad? I really need a nice top pad for my CS, mine has a little split in it.

Mustanglvr

390cs68rcode said:
Did I outbid you on that lower console pad? I really need a nice top pad for my CS, mine has a little split in it.

I`ll take your old split console pad Jason:grin: :grin: :grin:

Trap68

Never did bid on it as I usually wait towards the end of the auction and this one got pass what I was willing to pay for but I watched ya swoop in with 7 tics on the clock and score a nice pad!

390cs68rcode

Trap68 said:
Never did bid on it as I usually wait towards the end of the auction and this one got pass what I was willing to pay for but I watched ya swoop in with 7 tics on the clock and score a nice pad!

gotta love auctionsniper.com

One of the first times I used that service I bid on a expensive coin. Won the coin and the underbidder contacted me 5 minutes after the auction and offered me $500 more than what I paid for the coin. Pocketed that $500 and have been using the service ever since.

68MustangHCS

I was trying to bid on a brown pad on eBay last week, and it got snapped up, I let that one get past me too. I have a really nice original black pad with no cracks and very straight with slight warpage near the speaker area (I'm not sure if the speaker area was originally flat or had a slight humplike warp to it) for trade for a brown pad.

If I can dye it with no problem, someone please advise me on it. I was also wondering if anyone had any sources for dye such as the chocolate brown or saddle colors?

I'm looking for a nice 68 mustang console (SADDLE) parts or whole in excellent condition?

Mosesatm

The major Mustang parts vendors carry vinyl dye in all the shades. It's great stuff and you can dye from dark-to-light or light-to-dark. About $12 a can.

390cs68rcode

Mosesatm said:
The major Mustang parts vendors carry vinyl dye in all the shades. It's great stuff and you can dye from dark-to-light or light-to-dark. About $12 a can.

I agree. I probably have 30 cans of that stuff around.

OP
OP
J

jk89cat

ok, i didnt forget , i need a 2nd body to pull it out of the attic , my parents re pyschally unable to help, ill hopefully have em up tonight sometime,

OP
OP
J

jk89cat

ok heres the pictures of the console. the one picture tries to show the 2 hairlines on the left side, but didnt come out very well, let me know what you all think, justin

Attachments

• mustangconsole1.gif
    mustangconsole1.gif
    75.4 KB · Views: 45
  • mustangconsole2.gif
    mustangconsole2.gif
    65.2 KB · Views: 27
  • mustangconsole3.gif
    mustangconsole3.gif
    73.7 KB · Views: 25
  • mustangconsole4.gif
    mustangconsole4.gif
    77 KB · Views: 25
  • mustangconsole5.gif
    mustangconsole5.gif
    63.5 KB · Views: 25
  • mustangconsole6.gif
    mustangconsole6.gif
    68.6 KB · Views: 22
  • mustangconsole7.gif
    mustangconsole7.gif
    70.3 KB · Views: 22

Trap68

The console looks to be in better than average condition though the green color might lose you some potential buyers. BTW, what kind of radio do you have hooked into the console? That might be worth more than the console depending on the condition and type. Do not included it with the console if your going to sell it...list it as a seperate auction. Good luck!
Trap

BroadwayBlue

jk89cat said:
its an orginal am ford stereo. and iam hoping to sell it here before ebay .

I know Ford was ahead of it's time but I assume it's an AM but not Stereo :grin:

Seriously though - would a radio from a 67 console fit a 68 dash?