• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'66 HCS on eBay

RedGTvert

Isn't that the car that was listed for sale on here a couple months ago. It would be something that would need some close scrutiny. For a car that had a complete restoration 6 short years ago, why is the paint peeling and bubbling off from the underside of the hood and trunk.

That would not give me a good feeling about the rest of the paintwork.

weasel_atty

Shouldn't this have a 15G build date instead of 01G to be an "official" HCS? This is the third "1966 HCS" I've seen that was not a 15G build date, but that looks to all the world to be authentic, and I haven't been looking very long. The others were aspen gold and timberline green. I haven't personally seen this one, but I saw the original paint under the back seat of the other two, and it was pretty clearly original HCS paint. All were off by at most two weeks of the "official" build date, and all were blank paint codes. The other two had extended 51xxxx DSOs, as a special paint car should. This one just has DSO 51 (?), although the copy of the window sticker (if it is to be believed) says it was part of a "special promotion."

Since it took a couple of months from special order to build date, a Ford dealer in DSO 51 would have had to special order these three cars well in advance of the "real thing" showing up in showrooms to get these built at around the correct time. That just seems far-fetched to me.

Maybe High Country Bob could put in his .02 here. I'm not trying to start anything; I'm just questioning. When the lore looks wrong, and the lore is not from any official Ford documents, maybe the lore is wrong. What do you think Bob?

Last edited:

hicountrybob

weasel_atty said:
Shouldn't this have a 15G build date instead of 01G to be an "official" HCS? This is the third "1966 HCS" I've seen that was not a 15G build date, but that looks to all the world to be authentic, and I haven't been looking very long. The others were aspen gold and timberline green. I haven't personally seen this one, but I saw the original paint under the back seat of the other two, and it was pretty clearly original HCS paint. All were off by at most two weeks of the "official" build date, and all were blank paint codes. The other two had extended 51xxxx DSOs, as a special paint car should. This one just has DSO 51 (?), although the copy of the window sticker (if it is to be believed) says it was part of a "special promotion."

Since it took a couple of months from special order to build date, a Ford dealer in DSO 51 would have had to special order these three cars well in advance of the "real thing" showing up in showrooms to get these built at around the correct time. That just seems far-fetched to me.

Maybe High Country Bob could put in his .02 here. I'm not trying to start anything; I'm just questioning. When the lore looks wrong, and the lore is not from any official Ford documents, maybe the lore is wrong. What do you think Bob?
Let me get back to you Sat and I'll tell you what I think happened to this HCS over the years. HC Bob here.