• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

390 heat shield question

390cs68rcode

is the correct way to attach a heat shield (part that connects to the manifold) is directly with the manifold bolts or are there special bolts/studs that screw into the hole then a nut screws on to hold the heat shield?

If anyone has pictures that would help a bunch

thanks

68gt390

Jason;
Your on the right track. If memory serves me correctly there are two (2) extended bolts that have a bolt head in the middle and are threaded on both ends. The bolt head locks down the exhaust manifold and then extends through the heat shield which is held on with a nut and lock washer. Sorry for the poor quality of engine photo. Took it from my motor manual.

Don

Attachments

• DSCF0024.JPG
    DSCF0024.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 11

68gt390

Second photo. Doesn't show good shot of bolts but, I think you'll get the idea. Tried to find the bolts that came off mine but, they are no where to be found. Sorry.

Don

Attachments

• DSCF0036.JPG
    DSCF0036.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 16