• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 24 inch radiator

68sunlitgold

That's it...should bolt right in. If you are looking for the extra cooling the 24" gives, I would recommend getting the shroud also.

Doug

franklinair

'An ounce of prevention'... Where ever you buy it, no matter what brand- take it to a radiator shop and have it pressure tested before installing. (That goes for heater cores as well.)

Neil

CougarCJ

Don't forget to remove the two side shields for the 20 incher.

Definitely get the fan shroud. I would also get a 5 blade flex or 7 blade clutch fan, instead of the small 4 blade fixed fan.

Going with the larger radiator is a good idea. I have added them to both of my 1968's - Cougar and Mustang.

sportyworty

west modine was the original supplier in 68 for SJ built cars. Obviously the new one would not have the FoMoCo on the top tank but it was under the the top bracket on a 24 anyway. For an automatic that would be my choice. Unfortunately no one makes a 4 speed specific bottom tank any longer.