• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ 2012 GT California Special - It's confirmed by Ford

SD CASPCL

Like many of you, I have never purchased a car as an investment. I enjoy driving the car, all year, no matter the weather. The 2007 CS was an eye catcher, in Black, but there was something missing when driving on the twisties. It always felt too close to the edge. My 2011 CS is very much the fun car, no matter the road. It seems Ford dialed it in just right. I just put 18" SVT wheels with Blizzaks on her for the winter.

I was happy to see Red Candy Metallic was not listed as a 2012 color. I have not seen many Mustangs in that color and this will ensure I am not passing myself.

For those owners of the original CS, I don't think a continued new model CS degrades those cars. They will always be the original and will always be the high demand collector car simply because they are the original.

GT100e

Any of you guys have more info about the 2012 GT/CS? Not much from Ford except for the one sheet brochure posted earlier on.
I'll relax a bit more when it finally arrives in my garage :icon_ecst

J.Bart

i'm sorry,
but your stuck in a heinz ketchup commercial.

i feel your pain
but it will be worth the wait

hotrodgrany

I, myself not liking that Ford desided to continue with the California Special, way beyond 08, as that would have been the only year to make them, even though I own a 07. They must be a good seller, but I will keep mine. I have been thinking on the lines of the 2012 Boss to add to my collection.

Attachments

• KonaBlue2012BossMustang.jpg
    KonaBlue2012BossMustang.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 40

BroadwayBlue

That certainly would be a nice addition to any stable.

Would love to have one of these ponies in my stable!

I've seen people selling their waiting list spots online.

I think the "TracKey" option is a very cool use of technology.
Now that it's available I'm surprised it's not something that was
available sooner for any car not just a Mustang.

I'm not aware of this type of feature available prior to this.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=33540

hotrodgrany

Would love to have one of these ponies in my stable!

I've seen people selling their waiting list spots online.

I think the "TracKey" option is a very cool use of technology.
Now that it's available I'm surprised it's not something that was
available sooner for any car not just a Mustang.

I'm not aware of this type of feature available prior to this.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=33540
go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiWSr-Ax8K4&feature=related

bztz4m

On a side note John Clor from Ford Performance Group emailed me today to say the certificates for the 2011 GT/CS owners should be ready to purchase within the next week or two.

Ron

dalorzo_f

our cars aren't worth as much as Shelby's, even though they are much the same cars

?????

Well, yes they are both "Mustangs". But you could say the same for a '69 Boss 429 and a '69 coupe.

1. CS coupes, Shelby fastbacks or convertibles, generally higher priced to start
2. no engine performance upgrades, as with a Shelby
3. no front fiberglass
4. no suspension or tire/rim upgrades (GT option maybe, but nothing to do with a CS)
5. no Shelby console & gauges
6. no roll bar
7. non functional rear side scoops (not sure if all Shelby's had rear air ducts or not)
8. no deluxe interior (obviously optional and on some, but not a CS item)

The differnces between a CS and Shelby are far more siginificant than those between a standard coupe and a CS, just 6 bits of bolt-on fiberglass, taillights, a pair of fog lights, and some minor trim... all cosmetic. If you were painting your coupe you could convert it to a to a CS clone for a few grand, 10x time that to properly clone a Shelby.

Shelby was performance, and looks, not just half the look!

The CS gets a few looks, and are nice looking cars (why I bought one), but is no comparison to a Shelby price-wise for a very good reason. Chalk and cheese....

Silver Star

CougarCJ;77594 Do the new cars say "California Special"? or are they referred to as GT/CS. GT/CS is what I see on the outside.[/QUOTE said:
They say GT-CS on the side tape and on the carbon seats. It says California Special on the round faux pony emblem on the rear deck lid. I just bought my 2012 on August 16th and I love it to death and I like the convertible top.:)

BTW the wheels are painted with the old Sterling Grey finish. Very nice with the Ingot Silver.

Silver Star

I uploaded some pics of my 2012 GT-CS

Attachments

• IMGP1872crop800.jpg
    IMGP1872crop800.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 46
  • IMGP1861crop.jpg
    IMGP1861crop.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMGP1863crop.jpg
    IMGP1863crop.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMGP1860crop.jpg
    IMGP1860crop.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 39

Silver Star

a possibility on the brembo's could be that the cal. spec wheels might not work with the big calipers.
and they won't change the rims on the cal spec package
it's a guess, anyway
The Brembo brake package from what I've read comes with 19" wheels and the GT-CS comes with 19" wheels but as it was mentioned it calls for a manual transmission. It should be able to be added on after purchasing. Cha Ching! There must be a reason for it but I can't answer that one.