• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2008 Gt/cs

aemoo28

I just purchased a 2008 5-speed black GT/CS. Looooove it!!!!! It did NOT come with the special engine cover. I understood from all of my research online that it IS supposed have the pony emblem "Powered by Ford" engine cover. The guy at the parts dept speculated that it did not have a cover to promote engine cooling... Does anyone have any insight on this? It's from my local Ford dealership. I want this engine cover, but is there a reason I should NOT install it? Amy in Seattle, Wa

BroadwayBlue

Welcome to the site and good luck with your car.

I believe - and I'm no expert on the new CS - that the engine cover is an option and it not included in the CS package.

Someone I work with told me they ordered it on an 07 as an extra option.

Also - if you go to the Ford website and build a CS it's not listed under the CalSpec package, but it is under the GT appearance package. Did you get that option?
The GT appearance package is hood scoop, rolled tip exhaust and Pony engine cover.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Wayne Westmoreland

Welcome to the site and good luck with your car.

I believe - and I'm no expert on the new CS - that the engine cover is an option and it not included in the CS package.

Someone I work with told me they ordered it on an 07 as an extra option.

Also - if you go to the Ford website and build a CS it's not listed under the CalSpec package, but it is under the GT appearance package. Did you get that option?
The GT appearance package is hood scoop, rolled tip exhaust and Pony engine cover.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.

This is certainly true for the 2007 model. I assume 2008 options didn't change. I do have the plenum cover on my 2007 CS and have had absolutely no cooling / heating issues.

Z28ZL1

I got my plenum cover as an add on for $65.00 and it does not interfere w/the cooling issues. HID lights and ambient lighting were the additional options for the 2008 year,
I believe.

Last edited:

BroadwayBlue

This is certainly true for the 2007 model. I assume 2008 options didn't change. I do have the plenum cover on my 2007 CS and have had absolutely no cooling / heating issues.

The options I listed were from building a 2008 on the site. So it's probably the same for 07 and 08.

So it seems the Pony Engine Cover was an option that should have been ordered?

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Yes, I've got the ambient lighting (cool!) and HID lights per the papers, but not sure how HID lights are different. I will investigate... Also, I do not have the GT appearance package, but it is a GT of course; so perhaps this is why I do not have an engine cover? I'm having one installed next week unless someone here says I shouldn't due to "engine cooling issues", which I don't think is an issue after all from what my new friends here have told me! I do have the bright rolled tip exhaust covers though. Thank you for answering my Qs! This Cali is more fun than my 1966 289 V8 buttercup yellow Mustang!

BroadwayBlue

Sounds like it's OK to put it on and the parts guy was looking for an excuse as to why it wasn't there.

The rolled exhaust tips are part of the CS package.

Post pics of your car when you can!

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Where did hotrodgranny get that brake light cover thing that says "GT/CS"? I MUST have one of those! Also, does anyone know of a website I can find other add-ons, especially this brake light cover!!! I have a pic posted, and will take others when I get my car back. It's at the dealership getting the additional exterior protection package/coating thing recommended for black cars. Thanks for the info from ALL of you! It's so exciting to have another pony in my life!

Hi I have a 08 GT/CS and am looking at the window sticker now. CS includes, 235/50/ZR18" tires.. FRT floor mats w/mustang logo...CS tape strip...18" polished aluminum wheels... satin black tape stripe... pony center cap and of course the side scoops. GT app. pack - engine cover w/ pony emblem...bright rolled exhast tips....hood scoop. My car has the comfort group and upgrade interior as well, which include the satin aluminum pannel..fancy leather seats w/ heat and controls on both pass&drive sides. The following items were al extra add ons - active anti-theft... wheel lock kit...Siris Radio..HID headlamps...DVD navigation system...ambient lighting. Geeze the dealer threw almost everything at this CS. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• LR 01.jpg
    LR 01.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Little Red's first show 002.jpg
    Little Red's first show 002.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 33
  • GT CS02.jpg
    GT CS02.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 103
  • GT CS03.jpg
    GT CS03.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 109
  • lr1.jpg
    lr1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 21

hotrodgrany

Your new 08 GT/CS is sooo awsome, is it the new red, dark candy apple red?
I love this color for red, but my favorite is black. I just love you Stang period. Welcome to the new generation GT/CS Mustangs I know you will enjoy it to the max like I do, and will get many comments and questions, like what does GT/CS mean, how many horses does it has and the list goes on and on. All I can say this is one awsome machine and also sounds good too.:wink:

hotrodgrany

Where did hotrodgranny get that brake light cover thing that says "GT/CS"? I MUST have one of those! Also, does anyone know of a website I can find other add-ons, especially this brake light cover!!! I have a pic posted, and will take others when I get my car back. It's at the dealership getting the additional exterior protection package/coating thing recommended for black cars. Thanks for the info from ALL of you! It's so exciting to have another pony in my life!

Hay did you get your baby back and can't wait to see pictures after you get your decals on. You are so welcome for all the info. enjoy your ride. Hotrodgrany

Your new 08 GT/CS is sooo awsome, is it the new red, dark candy apple red?
I love this color for red, but my favorite is black. I just love you Stang period. Welcome to the new generation GT/CS Mustangs I know you will enjoy it to the max like I do, and will get many comments and questions, like what does GT/CS mean, how many horses does it has and the list goes on and on. All I can say this is one awsome machine and also sounds good too.:wink:

Yes mam, it is the new red and I love the black as well, welcome I'm still new here too. Do you have pics of yours. This car is such fun, I found another 07 CS and we are going to take pics of our cars together. will post em ASAP. Truth is my dear, I got this car so I can ride with my grandson. :icon_ecst He's 20 months old now but never too young to enjoy, yes? After all he's going to own it someday. lol

hotrodgrany

Yes mam, it is the new red and I love the black as well, welcome I'm still new here too. Do you have pics of yours. This car is such fun, I found another 07 CS and we are going to take pics of our cars together. will post em ASAP. Truth is my dear, I got this car so I can ride with my grandson. :icon_ecst He's 20 months old now but never too young to enjoy, yes? After all he's going to own it someday. lol
I was sure that was the color. I have a spit fire red 04 Mustang GT convert with black top , of which my Granddaughter,11yrs old, thinks she is getting when she is old enough to drive, but not sure of that. My 17 yr. old Grandson loves driving my Stangs every since I let him drive my past 03 black stang and they are stick shift to.
Here are some pictures, I don't mind showing mine off..
I will show you what it looks like now and what it looked like before I changed side strips and add decals to make it look much like that of the 68's....pic 009 is when I bought it in September of 06.

Attachments

• decals 0n 07 GT-CS 021-2.JPG
    decals 0n 07 GT-CS 021-2.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 21
  • PICT0180.JPG
    PICT0180.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 22
  • PICT0177.JPG
    PICT0177.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Copy of PICT1157.JPG
    Copy of PICT1157.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 2007 California Special 009.jpg
    2007 California Special 009.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Hey hey! I added pics to my gallery! I also joined MustangsNorthwest, the car club here in Seattle. Hooray! My brake light cover from Bobwhitedecals is crooked- must order another one and have someone ELSE put it on. I'm going to install the louvelor louver side window covers for a more retro look. What do you guys think? I'm a little hesitant because it makes my car a "modified" CS, so maybe I won't do it...

HMMM as long as it comes back off with no changes to the original, in my opinion go for it. I plan to keep all original parts to my CS so i can put them back. Altough I don't plan to do all that much, bolt on is the way to go. I'll have to update my pics too. I have a small mod meself, LOL