• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

$$$$$ 2008 Cs

gt bandit

Okay , for all the late model crew - i want to add a 2008 CS to my stable.

What sort of discount to the MSRP should i aim for , I want to deal through Galpin in LA but they are a little overzealous o there pricing IMHO.

also my mate here in OZ is also looking to buy 2008 GT500 but we are also unsure about the pricing being paid for these.

Any Help greatly appreciated

shaun -

miller511

Shaun,

Just curious...do the Ford dealers in Australia offer the new CS? Maybe they are North America only?

Re: deals on the new CS- I know this past summer my local Ford dealer had two new CSs sitting on the lot for at least two months...(same with a Shelby GT Mustang). I guess what I'm saying is they are very available here, and with that availability, there are deals to be had.

(Can you tell I've been exploring this, too ;-)

-Jeff

mustangj

Shaun
I bought my 07 CS after a few of the 08s were out. I got $2000.00 off sticker on mine, at that time they were not offering anything on the 08s. As for the GT 500s most of the dealers I have seen here in NC are really marking up the prices, sometimes as much as 20K above sticker, they call it a "market adjustment". Good luck on your purchase

OP
OP
gt bandit

gt bandit

Shaun,

Just curious...do the Ford dealers in Australia offer the new CS? Maybe they are North America only?

(Can you tell I've been exploring this, too ;-)

-Jeff

Jeff - we only get local built content down here , they are pretty fast but
http://www.fpv.com.au/media/34501/Cobraflyer.pdf

http://www.fpv.com.au/cars/gt-p/overview.aspx

Oh and they have 4 doors ------------------------- We just cant have the family watching from the stands can we !!

but they are considering the 2010 mustang to be built down under. http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=41857

OP
OP
gt bandit

gt bandit

The Galpin Internet sales guy wants sticker value for the CS and 15k + sticker value for the Shelby GT500.

So i guess we are going to keep looking a little longer , i reckon some of the colder states will begin to buckle to inventory pressure on the GT500 shortly !!

Here's Hoping -
by the way it will cost an additional $35,000 USD to get a 2008 CS registered in OZ including conversion -
current Cost to register a 68CS/GT in OZ = $300 USD , our road laws are weird !!
shaun

OP
OP
gt bandit

gt bandit

thanks arlie -

I have been in touch with lone star , they seem really knowledable and willing to deal.

shipping from texas is a bit of a nightmare though - I know how long it took last time.

shaun