• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007-08 (09) CS Appearance Upgrade Kit?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

First....Rob, thanks for the photos. I'm not sure if the owner of the Shelby GT knew what you were up to--to make the point you just did...LOL!! :)

I think we should "lobby" Mustang Project.com to make those taillights.

What I think everyone should do is this:

Go to their website ( www.mustangproject.com) and on the "contact" page,tell them that they could make 2005-2009 taillights in the same method they made the T-Bird lights for 1965-66 Mustangs ( by making these new ones fit in the existing holes for the stock late model Mustang taillights--no cutting required).

Then in your message, refer the Mustang Project folks to this photo (that RP51 showed us--thank you!) of the prototype GT, which is at:
http://reviewscar.com/photos/image.cfm?photo=416
Tell them that you want the lights to look exactly like those on the prototype
(and of course, they would be sequential).

Then we get as many late model GT/CS owners to add these lights--and we begin a distinctive marque that would still upstage the Shelby GT (no animosity meant--just a rivalry). You'd always know a GT/CS was around by seeing these taillights at a distance.

These taillights with a ducktail spoiler would look awesome!!

I'll also give Mustang Project a call.
We can do this...and make a difference.
Send your e-mail to Mustang Project today!

Paul N.

wldpony

I wish Ford's would of made the 2008 a bit different since it is the 40th Anniversary of the California Special, at least some sort of Badging. I can't wait to get some of the Idea's that are in this Thread. Keep us updated to this, especially the Tail Lights.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I called the folks at Mustang Project today, and they were very helpful and interested in what I had suggested.

However, a couple of things block the wide taillight idea. One is the trunklid design. No way to make the taillights wide like the prototype without modifying the trunklid.

Second, is the cost of making the plastic molds for any lights like that. At least $30K-$50 setup cost. Mustang Project isn't really into making the plastic parts like that.

Wnat I suggest is that someone make reflectors that mimick the original taillights, that you could attach to the trunklid face. This would be a quick and effective alternative to widening the look of the taillights.

I'll keep thinkin' on this one.

Paul.

Mustanger

I called the folks at Mustang Project today, and they were very helpful and interested in what I had suggested.

However, a couple of things block the wide taillight idea. One is the trunklid design. No way to make the taillights wide like the prototype without modifying the trunklid.

Second, is the cost of making the plastic molds for any lights like that. At least $30K-$50 setup cost. Mustang Project isn't really into making the plastic parts like that.

Wnat I suggest is that someone make reflectors that mimick the original taillights, that you could attach to the trunklid face. This would be a quick and effective alternative to widening the look of the taillights.

I'll keep thinkin' on this one.

Paul.

... maybe you can take a look at what these guys did with their idea and incorporate your idea into it ...

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-40110MBP 1&comp=LRS