• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2005 Registry Update Thread

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

One more thing...

A wish to extend a special thanks to Bob Teets for sending me all those post cards with information on them. Quite an effort, and it is much appreciated. Bob included CS and HCS cars seen on EBAY.

Thanks, Bob!

Paul.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Just an update.

Registered cars might hit 1,000 very soon, as I go over the paperwork.

Paul N.

68MustangHCS

Yaaa!, but I'd like to know where are the other 3118 cars. I think the longer this registry is here, the more cars will come out.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

It's safe to say that at least one-half of all the GT/CS cars are gone. Wrecked, salvaged, rusted, stolen, out of the country, and crushed. It might be as high as 2/3rds. Remember--it's been 38 years.

The highest compliance rate for SAAC is about 30%--among all of their Mustang-Shelby registries. Ours is about 24%. Pretty good.

Yes--Robb,and all others--there is still time to get info to me:

Paul M. Newitt
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

thanks to everyone again for taking the time to mail me info!

Paul N.

Last edited:

luisa2552

Paul are you still accepting pictures? If so, what format? The actual photos or on CD? My car will be done at the end of the week and I'd love to have pics in the registry if there is time...
Sara

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Yes, Sara, I will still accept photos, either as prints, or on a PhotoCD. I use a Mac, although I have a friend with a PC that can translate anything.

During late April, I'm going to send an informational letter-questionairre to everyone on the mailing list (over 1,000) with some questions, and information on ordering the book. I'll include some other goodies that you can order, too.

Paul N.

Redwingrobb

Thanks Paul. I was so worried I was going to be late I sent the Marti Report and a crappy Polaroid snapshot of the car--my apologies. If that doesn't work, let me know..Robb

cannetny

Is there a way I can verify that you have my car listed? I remember sending you a form about my car a few years back. I can give you my VIN and stuff if you are able to check at this time. If not should I just resubmit the form?

HCS@CT

Paul, I gave my info to Mr. Teets back when I got my HCS. I'm not sure if I got it to you or not. What sort of things do you need from me and could I email it to you? Can you pull pics off of our galleries on this site with your Mac? The reason I ask that question is my personal info, Marti, and at least one good photo is in my gallery. Thanks Rand

John McGilvary

I'm new at this

Paul, I am John the guy who has the R code CS , you called me on the phone awhile back. Just wanted to let you know that I am on line now but I'm old school, you know, phone, mail and old stuff like that. Boy those guys over on the 428cj registery are sure talking about my CS. Don't know if its because its a California Special with a 428cj, or that it was the first 428cj produced at the San Jose plant ( Kevin Marti). Don't know if you'll get this, John

Mustanglvr

Wow John, its a pleasure to have you on our site. You have a very rare car. I sure hope you can keep coming back to this site. I know theres alot of people that would love to talk with you. I know Paul would love the chance to talk to you again. Please post some pictures of your car when you can, it would be a thrill to see it. Welcome to the GT/CS family, where you`re always welcome. Rhonda

390cs68rcode

John McGilvary said:
Paul, I am John the guy who has the R code CS , you called me on the phone awhile back. Just wanted to let you know that I am on line now but I'm old school, you know, phone, mail and old stuff like that. Boy those guys over on the 428cj registery are sure talking about my CS. Don't know if its because its a California Special with a 428cj, or that it was the first 428cj produced at the San Jose plant ( Kevin Marti). Don't know if you'll get this, John

John:

Good to see you here. If you need help putting pictures online just send me a email ( gtcs68390@aol.com ) and I will take care of it for you. We would love to hear about your 428. Also, if you want to sell it I will buy it.

Mustanger

Welcome Aboard!!

Welcome John,

It's always great to have another person join our special, as in California Special, group!

John McGilvary

Thanks, it realy feels good to find guys that care as much about CS's and Mustangs as I do. 38 years ago when I bought my CS, everyone asked me why I didn't get an SS, RT, Vet, or a Camaro, if I wanted to go fast. Well I got the car I wanted they all got to see my tail lights when we raced. What I am trying to say is when our cars first came out they got little respect from the racers and the public. But look at us now! John

John McGilvary

390cs68rcode said:
John:

Good to see you here. If you need help putting pictures online just send me a email ( gtcs68390@aol.com ) and I will take care of it for you. We would love to hear about your 428. Also, if you want to sell it I will buy it.
I sent Paul a picture of my CS with my registration. I also see you have a copy of my Marti report. If you would like to get the piture from Paul and put it online I would'nt mind if Paul dosen't. John

John McGilvary

Thanks, it realy feels good to find guys that care as much about CS's and Mustangs as I do. 38 years ago when I bought my CS, everyone asked me why I didn't get an SS, RT, Vet, or a Camaro, if I wanted to go fast. Well I got the car I wanted they all got to see my tail lights when we raced. What I am trying to say is when our cars first came out they got little respect from the racers and the public. But look at us now! John

lwlw

Info on our X-code

Hope we are not too late - please let me know and I can overnight a pkg with a copy of our Marti report and some pics:

X-code
VIN: 8R01X155900
DOOR DATA PLATE INFO:

8 = 1968
R = Built at San Jose
01 = Mustang Hardtop
X = 390-2V
65A = Mustang Hardtop
M = Wimbleson White Paint, Ford #1619-A
2D = Red Standard Bucket Seats
04D = Scheduled for Build: April 4, 1968
Car was actually provides on April 17, 1968