• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS "barn find" on CL

GT/CS S Code

Did anyone talk to the fellow in San Francisco about this "barn find" car yet to confirm if it is actually a GT/CS? No mention of a Marti report in his ad.
No stripes, wrong fog lights and he seems unwilling to try to start it to see if it runs, but might be a good project car if a MR confirms it and the price was right? Just over 69,000 miles if the odometer is correct and only the first time around the clock. He's asking $13,000 ...
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/4038993131.html

CougarCJ

I would be surprised if it weren't a GT/CS. Bench seat one too, with disc brakes.

clubpro

The car is a real CS. I ordered a Marti and then sent it on to Mike Jewell. The owner is a really nice guy and just wants a reasonable offer for the car. How often do you find a one owner CS?

Cheers,

Ron

franklinair

It would require a complete re-do: engine, transmission, exterior, interior, suspension, + 15 years of maladies from sitting in order to turn it into a nice driver. I'd take it on, but not at that price- provided it has no serious rust issues (and a confirmed CS). I'd estimate cost of $12K+ to resurrect it. That drops the purchase value waaay down.
I can appreciate an owner's sentimental attachment, but cost + costs has to equal the completed true value.

Neil

clubpro

Here is the Marti on the car.

Cheers,

Ron

Attachments

• 8R01C150899_stdrpt.pdf
    120.2 KB · Views: 129
the ad is a bit misleading, the person who is selling is not the original owner, but the second owner. This is according to the grandson, who appears to be selling for his grandfather. He said the car was untouched and not in any accidents, yet has not disclosed why it was repainted. The grandson said the dealer retrofitted the Car due to recall with the round lights, but do not know it that is accurate. Does anyone know if the CS was ever retrofitted with anything other than Marichal/Lucas?

OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

This one appears to be getting weirder too ...
Our friend from up here in Victoria called to talk to the fellow about this GT/CS and the seller told him that "he already had a buyer coming shortly with a $14,500 cash offer" ($1,500 over the asking price?) and would he like to offer him MORE than that and he could have it instead! ???
This one is starting to smell a little bit, or at best it sounds like the seller is just "fishing around" to get as much out of this project car as he can get. My friend told him "no thanks ... I'll pass!"
:rolleyes:

nineofive

Notice:
1) the attempt to hide the back plate but not the front.
2) the moving board - about a foot away from the tire on the side shot and then touching the tire in the grill shot (watch out for the extension cord)
3) is that a "backpack" under the engine block