• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'07 GT/CS Discussion

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

... is there any way that the California Special rear quarter script emblem can be used on the new Mustang? Or maybe a new type of emblem which is reminiscent of the original one ...

Mustanglvr

How about Carroll Shelby`s signature to come standard on all the 2008`s?

obsidianspider

Got my 07 GT/CS on July 29th and love it!
07gt03.jpg

And the side stripes on black cars are not silver, they're satin black, but depending on the light, they look silver.

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

Nice car, it would really nice to see the side(s) and back if you don't mind ... maybe you could "catch" the lighting to show the striping like you said ...

radtexas

obsidianspider said:
Got my 07 GT/CS on July 29th and love it!
07gt03.jpg

And the side stripes on black cars are not silver, they're satin black, but depending on the light, they look silver.

I have on order a CS convertible in redfire. Was pointed out something very conflicting. I thought the CS came with the Ford Racing Power Pack 1. Since you actually have one does it? In this press release it states it has a larger air intake and on others it says it can come with the optional Power pack. So I am a little confused as to what if any extra HP it might have over the standard GT. Can you or any current CS owners let me know? Second link states the option possible.

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/release_display.cfm?release=23080
http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=23078

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

radtexas said:
I have on order a CS convertible in redfire. Was pointed out something very conflicting. I thought the CS came with the Ford Racing Power Pack 1. Since you actually have one does it? In this press release it states it has a larger air intake and on others it says it can come with the optional Power pack. So I am a little confused as to what if any extra HP it might have over the standard GT. Can you or any current CS owners let me know? Second link states the option possible.

You (link/article) are right in calling it an "option" ... this option, FR1, can also be installed on a Mustang GT and bump it up an additional 25 ponies ... by the way, this FR1 package option is also the same power pack installed on the Shelby GT-H's ...

radtexas

Can someone explain what is meant by the comment of the Larger Air Intake? What do they mean about that? Anyone?

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

radtexas said:
Can someone explain what is meant by the comment of the Larger Air Intake? What do they mean about that? Anyone?

It's probably reffering to the uniquely design front (and also rear) air dam/fascia/bumper assemblies. Their design is similar to the new Shelby GT500, but they were designed specifically for the new Cal Specials ... and then Ford/Shelby also applied them on the Shelby Hertz GT-H's...

Last edited:

radtexas

They are a little misleading if that is correct. I don't think the fascia should have anything to do with the intake. I understand it will allow more are into the engine area but the Air intake takes it from the fenders not the engine compartment. Correct me if I am wrong.

5280gtcs

Mustanger said:
... is there any way that the California Special rear quarter script emblem can be used on the new Mustang? Or maybe a new type of emblem which is reminiscent of the original one ...

......Like this?:grin: QTREMBS.JPG

Dougxox

Mustanger said:
It's probably reffering to the uniquely design front (and also rear) air dam/fascia/bumper assemblies. Their design is similar to the new Shelby GT500, but they were designed specifically for the new Cal Specials ... and then Ford/Shelby also applied them on the Shelby Hertz GT-H's...
This is correct, the " larger air intake " is in reference to to the lower opening in the grill that is larger on the CS than on the regular GT. There is no HP gain in the 07 CS...... untill you play with it:grin:

obsidianspider

radtexas said:

That article is just talking about the power packs that are available from Ford Racing. They void your warranty (Boo) but they do offer a HP increase. I'm waiting to see the "Boost" 6psi (400HP) and "Big Boost" kit which is rumored to have 11psi and 500HP.

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

obsidianspider said:
That article is just talking about the power packs that are available from Ford Racing. They void your warranty (Boo) but they do offer a HP increase. I'm waiting to see the "Boost" 6psi (400HP) and "Big Boost" kit which is rumored to have 11psi and 500HP.

In the past, aftermarket parts voided your warranty, then I heard that for the new recent Mustang ('05 - '07), that wasn't necessarily true if they were Ford Racing and were installed by the dealer ... what is the truth on this matter?? ...

Last edited:

Rob

Hello everyone, I joined your site last week. It would be cool if you had a forum section for the 07 gang to hang out in. Just a suggestion. Anyways I ordered my car in June, and got it in late Aug. I just love it. I only have 400 miles on it due to out of town work schedules. My son and I waxed it tonight. Kinda bonded with the car. :grin:

Attachments

• 07 Mustang 3rd Brake light bezel 001.jpg
    07 Mustang 3rd Brake light bezel 001.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 2007 GT California Special 002.jpg
    2007 GT California Special 002.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 2007 GT California Special 008.jpg
    2007 GT California Special 008.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 23
P

PNewitt

Hey Rob!

Awesome GT/CS! And you're in a great part of the country, too!

Welcome!! I'll get with (webmaster) Jon, and see how we could set something up for the late model CSs.

Thanks for signing up! Lots of good folks here!

Paul N.

radtexas

Rob said:
Hello everyone, I joined your site last week. It would be cool if you had a forum section for the 07 gang to hang out in. Just a suggestion. Anyways I ordered my car in June, and got it in late Aug. I just love it. I only have 400 miles on it due to out of town work schedules. My son and I waxed it tonight. Kinda bonded with the car. :grin:

Like your ride.

Here are a few pictures of mine. I ordered July 24th and got it September 14th.
x1pyOKpfgDESZ4LMTNzkhAPc62BFxFbpHdx5uUr1RWV37iDiA2ywntZhw3ppU2T4sZ4EbyB8JJADiSpwkbZiZaAdTGMA8yWyMlqriWYexKrG1OVs7HVRAbJ-ColDzdLI-JQi516S-jodhI

x1pyOKpfgDESZ4LMTNzkhAPc5p0WhxkMHzXex9cunp2bH1nJBCj_HOykJXNccV_Y-0NFwo_7JONCZnrYdxSOlPWdQNmsrcJ-e19dFDhTrVrwRJi4dQ2en5cgD8uV8WBixKa

x1pyOKpfgDESZ4LMTNzkhAPc9S5072Pz1NZX3uIfxghb5cL1326uza_eHwDIDMDTyAj7R_zkVKPO3DmNucKN7gqhI11U15wbhRK7gNlZGHDZMCPWZlQMZpHy8A_hF95QrbhdQZYokLtu9A

My smile was as big as hers. :grin:
x1pyOKpfgDESZ4LMTNzkhAPc2jNz4DPcnaIfJahn0P2SA9tZrfRw_iCanZsKi-zSlHwuGjKATzGkGrVYTpH3gMRmJ8rnhChdDOc_CuGFMVKLnPjsZmKMwkSpqCQ7b74YMtf5mytrMoqLcI

x1pyOKpfgDESZ4LMTNzkhAPc9QR-RWfEdeAkmjClnXEtPpyKDWTYPx0cy4l0xJISuqVuP3FN17f4LzFWmZtRVf_mACmKTEt00_k2q6jKMbmImXzqom9tQ1gYGmjxYtK8KgbVeUeH0c-oTc

Mine has 300 +1 HP. See the horse on the engine cover. Sorry bad joke. :confused:
x1pyOKpfgDESZ4LMTNzkhAPczaCCKTAdVWVbtgwxLLCJWOrsx68sv2WgqNFrm2-za-fKgY94ud-kvzth7szsan0jbuazHlQkx8kPEfPniR1WkpXVCF3EXag1JQuI9YBovfSLEaIoAoFhpg

Please overlook the dirt. I forgot to clean her backside first.
x1pyOKpfgDESZ4LMTNzkhAPc48CRQkR4tyOevUxg0EKafja3pyWVdiKoMq6dX9kX0k5HWhgKFPGGEOWjbaYjn9xe9uWiaxe1liZp_UD0CRdB1MqIoO0JCu1Jm6vjsoKCsDkiCPsa_XdN-U

rvrtrash

I didn't realize the center brake light did that. That's kind of cool.
Nice car by the way.

Steve

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

rvrtrash said:
I didn't realize the center brake light did that. That's kind of cool.
Nice car by the way.

Steve

Wow, did that brake light come like that from the factory? This the first time I've seen that ... cool ...