• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'07 GT/CS Discussion

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

... after checking out some of the threads, I see a few familiar names ...

Mosesatm

Mustanger said:

This guy has an interesting idea but I don't know where he's going to get silver '68 GT/CS stripes.

I may go with the 1968 GT/CS Stripes. I think Silver would be so much
better on my Redfire!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

... yeah, here's an interesting reference to a silver stripe (same website, similar thread) on a black CS as a prototype during the Long Beach debut ...

Attachments

• '07CSblackwslvr.jpg
    '07CSblackwslvr.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

Mosesatm said:
This guy has an interesting idea but I don't know where he's going to get silver '68 GT/CS stripes.

I may go with the 1968 GT/CS Stripes. I think Silver would be so much
better on my Redfire!

... if you were talking about non-standard/custom colors for '68 stripes, Arlie, there are several places that can accomodate your tastes ... for example:

http://www.graphic-express.com/1968_mustang_gtcs_california_special.asp

Mosesatm

Yep, they have a silver metalic non-reflective on their color chart.

MoonHawk

I joined Brad's group before I found this one. I posted my gallery link there when asked to see pictures of my CS. From what I could figure out, they only let you post one picture for your avatar use.

Mustanger said:

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

MoonHawk,

Did you see the black '07 CS pic I posted above? It debuted at the Long Beach Grand Prix and it has silver stripes ... maybe they're a Ford prototype but at least you know that they exist ...

MoonHawk

SWEET!! Keeping fingers crossed that one. In the interim, I have a couple of guys here at work looking into making the stripes here...however the copyright issues have allready come up...not sure if there is copy or a trademark associated with these. So I may have to wait until Ford gives the OK to it's licensed companies to reproduce these.

Mustanger said:
MoonHawk,

Did you see the black '07 CS pic I posted above? It debuted at the Long Beach Grand Prix and it has silver stripes ... maybe they're a Ford prototype but at least you know that they exist ...

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

... if you combine this hood with the '07 Shelby's rear spoiler on the new '07 CS, then you'll have a sweet-looking package ...

P

PNewitt

Mustanger--

Is that pic of the GT/CS Champ car yours? If so, how could I get some photos (snail) mailed to me for the book--as I'm including a history of the '07, too.

I love the hood idea you have. Yes--with the Shelby spoiler, it would look pretty awesome! This is becoming a stand-alone Mustang in looks and performance.

I'm open to ideas for the '08 version--any more? What about a 40 yr. GT/CS plaque on the fender and/or dash? What about wider taillights?

Paul.

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

PNewitt said:
Mustanger--

Is that pic of the GT/CS Champ car yours? If so, how could I get some photos (snail) mailed to me for the book--as I'm including a history of the '07, too.

I love the hood idea you have. Yes--with the Shelby spoiler, it would look pretty awesome! This is becoming a stand-alone Mustang in looks and performance.

I'm open to ideas for the '08 version--any more? What about a 40 yr. GT/CS plaque on the fender and/or dash? What about wider taillights?

Paul.

Paul,

No, I wish I owned that car, but that pic came from that other website which I posted at the beginning of the thread (I suggested that maybe you may contact some of those folks for your book).

I read somewhere how Shelby was using the CS6 hood (a limited edition supercharged 350 HP 6 cylinder Shelby Mustang) for the Shelby Hertz model also, so I tracked down where they really come from (it's in Irvine, OC CA, see link above).

A 40 yr plaque for '08 would be cool, as well as wider tail lights, as long as it's tastefully done. But overall, the CS/Shelby connection which was there in '68 should be highly encouraged for '07-'08 as well.

I Just Bought An 07 Cs Saturday. I Love The Car. Its Back For Tint And Going For Exhaust After.. The Black With Trim Just Suits Me Fine Its The Nineth Mustang Ive Had And Other Than The Last 71 Mach 1 I Had I Think This Will Bw With Me Awhile..

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

Hey Jake,

Welcome to the site!! Nice to hear of another satisfied customer ... you ought to post some pic's ...

Thanks, Denise (wife) And I Promise To Roll Them In As Soon As We Have The Ride Back. The Stripes Are Almost Invisible On The Black. It Really Looks Great Without The Trash..IVE HAD 7 STANGS AND I REALLY DROPPED WHEN I GOT THE BULLETIN ON THE NEW BODY STYLE. I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE BOSS.

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

PNewitt said:
Mustanger--

Paul.

Paul,

I thought of another idea, how about offering, maybe as an option, Shelby's new 10-spoke wheels for the new CS? It may look pretty cool ...

http://www.carrollshelbywheels.com/secondary-page.html

Last edited:
P

PNewitt

The Shelby wheels (ten spoke) are a great idea!

I'm going to suggest that they consider making one or two more (bars) with the taillights, so they look wider. This could be done by adding reflectors that look like an extension of the lens, without having to cut into the sheetmetal. One or two "bars" that fill in the space on each side of the faux gas cap would look very distinctive.

Paul N.