CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 05/01/2011, 02:00 PM   #1
hookedtrout

eBay: bebopin

Send a message via Yahoo to hookedtrout
My Garage
70 Mach 1 Trim Rings

Spent some time out digging through my stuff organizing my new shop and came across 4 NOS 1970 Mustang Mach 1 style trim rings. In the 70's a friend of mine that owned a body shop bought a set of trim rings and caps for a customer and they never came back for them. They were still in the Ford boxes along with an NOS 68 Mustang mirror. Having a GT/CS he gave it all to me thinking they were the correct application for my car, everything is except the trim rings.

As time progressed I moved several times over the years and not knowing anything about NOS having any value (they were just the wrong trim rings to me) the boxes got wet and ruined on the trim rings so I threw them out, the caps (non GT 68 styled steel wheel caps) and mirror are still in the original boxes, rough shape but small enough it didn't ruin them entirely. I forgot all about having the trim rings. I spent some time on ebay today to see what exactly they are and what their value may be. I see 2 still in the box for almost $600, no bids however. These 4 that I have are in excellent shape, they have never been mounted on anything other than maybe me trying them on my styled steel wheels only to find out they weren't correct. Having been out of the box and stacked on top of each other they aren't perfect but they aren't far from it.

Anyone know anyone with a Mustang or Ford that they would be applicable for, anyone know what all they were on in the 70's? I'd like to get something out of them and at the same time get them to someone from here, someone we know. I'm not looking for the $$ discussed above, they have never had any value to me yet I know to the right person they would have some value.

The mirror and caps are not something I'd part with at this time, I've always wanted to mount the spare mirror as a passenger mirror so I can see from that side as well.

Here are some pictures of the trim ring style.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0637.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	13401   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0636.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	13402  

Cory
hookedtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2011, 04:19 PM   #2
rvrtrash

So many cars, so little time!

My Garage
Cory, they are correct for a '70-72 Mustang, '70-'71 Torino, or the same year Cougar and Montego, with a 14" x 7" wheel. That's why they didn't fit your 14"x6" GT rims. Maybe the place Scott works for would be interested. If they were 15", I'd be all over them.

Steve

The wannabe formerly known as an owner.
rvrtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2011, 04:58 PM   #3
ari guy

Cory,
Hold the phone on those 70 beauty rings!!!!!!!! I have a '70 convertible mustang (big block car) with a set, but are a bit rough. Keep getting nicked on judging. If interested in letting them go, PM me. Thanks, Doc.
ari guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2011, 06:21 PM   #4
hookedtrout

My Garage
PM sent. Much rather see them go to someone here as long as it's not just to flip them.

PS I want to see a picture of the 70. Not to verify I just want to see it. ;-)

Cory
Old 05/01/2011, 06:28 PM   #5
hookedtrout

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrtrash View Post
Cory, they are correct for a '70-72 Mustang, '70-'71 Torino, or the same year Cougar and Montego, with a 14" x 7" wheel. That's why they didn't fit your 14"x6" GT rims. Maybe the place Scott works for would be interested. If they were 15", I'd be all over them.

Steve
You were my first thought, I figured you'd be all over them.

Cory
Old 05/01/2011, 09:46 PM   #6
rvrtrash

So many cars, so little time!

My Garage
I probably could use them on my '70 Cougar, although I had 16" copies of Magnum 500's in mind. If you don't make a deal with someone that really needs them, let's talk.

Steve

The wannabe formerly known as an owner.
rvrtrash is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > Misc Forums > Off Topic Lounge