CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 05/09/2004, 11:31 PM   #1
rvrtrash

So many cars, so little time!

My Garage
Side scoops revisted-Opinions?

This one is personal opinion. It appears my left side scoop is original (pinkish fiberglass, non-functional, small relief cut in lower edge, two layers of paint like the rest of the car) but the car took a light swipe down the right side. The right scoop is pinkish fiberglass, functional with a metal blockoff plate, only one layer of paint. Could this be a Shelby scoop? The car had been parked since '80-81 so damage was probably done in the '70's or late 60's. Would you order a repop scoop for the right side and save this one, or just put it back on the car?
rvrtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/10/2004, 01:05 AM   #2
hookedtrout

eBay: bebopin

Send a message via Yahoo to hookedtrout
My Garage
Re:Side scoops revisted-Opinions?

If it were me I think I'd start watching for a used one, they do show on ebay on occassion. That or get a repop and sell the Shelby scoop on ebay to cover the cost. I have never personally seen a repop scoop so I would talk to some that have prior to buying as you may not be satisfied with the quality. I would think you should be able to make a few bucks on the original Shelby scoop if that's what it is and it sounds like it is to me.

Hook
hookedtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/10/2004, 07:16 AM   #3
darb

Send a message via AIM to darb Send a message via MSN to darb Send a message via Yahoo to darb
Re:Side scoops revisted-Opinions?

Well, I had a repo scoop on my car and it was the worst fitting piece I had ever seen. The scoop had a large gap in the rear, and on the top - and after long hours of sanding, bondo, and more sanding and tweaking, it still didn't fit right.

I left it on, but after a work session of tightening it up a little bit, the bolt ripped out of it and I ended up just getting a genuine GT/CS scoop...which looks MUCH better.

Try looking for something used first - then, if need be get a repo side scoop and take it to a body shop and have them fit it.

Brad
darb is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions