CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 04/12/2004, 08:51 PM   #1
cannetny

68 GT/CS - Acapulco Blue

Send a message via AIM to cannetny
My Garage
Marti report help

Ok, so I have the report for my car. What I can't figure out is what the correct carpet, dashpad, console color should be. The only thing I am missing is the lower console. The upper one is Black/woodgrain. I have not seen an upper console in any other color. So would this be correct and would the lower one match? I have attached a scaned copy of my report for all to see and comment on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MartiAutoWorks.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	262  
cannetny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2004, 10:34 AM   #2
cannetny

68 GT/CS - Acapulco Blue

My Garage
Re:Marti report help

Another question I have is regarding the Deluxe wheel covers. The car has the styled steel wheels now and the owner prior to me said they came with the car. What would be the Deluxe Cover? Does this mean a hub cap?
Old 04/20/2004, 09:27 PM   #3
quicknick
My Car Details

eBay: gtcslover

Send a message via MSN to quicknick
My Garage

The "Deluxe Wheel Covers" are the hubcaps. However, they may have been changed by a previous owner or the dealership.
As in my case,The original owner of my car had the dealer install chrome GT wheels and a leather wrapped steering wheel as part of his price negotiating battle with the salesman. Neither show up on my Marti Report.
quicknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/2004, 06:32 PM   #4
68sunlitgold
My Car Details

GT/CS nut

CannetNY,

I will try to look to see what the optional colors where for parchment interior when I get home, if you have a mustang recognition guide it may help you. As for the lower console, I believe if you had both consoles, they matched. I am not 100% sure of that but I have never seen a car with both and the two not match.

As for the wheel covers, quicknick is correct on why your wheels do not match what the Marti report states. The first owner could easily have had the dealer install them as an option, therefore the wheel could be the original ones that rolled off the dealership but not he ones from the factory. We have discussed it before on the forum on what constitues a "original option". I believe dealer installed options are just as correct as factory one, that is just my opinion. I attached a picture of the deluxe wheel covers.

Doug
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	be_1_b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	267  
68sunlitgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/2004, 08:10 PM   #5
cannetny

68 GT/CS - Acapulco Blue

My Garage

Thanks for the info on the wheels. I will assume that the ones I have are the "original" ones as per a dealer option. I also like the look of the 10 spoke wheels that someone posted earlier.

I don't have a recognition guide handy so any info on color combos will be a great help.

Does anyone know if they ever combined blue and parchment for the interior? I think it might look good to have the inner door skins, dashpad, carpet, and maybe the consoles painted/dyed to match the acapulco blue exterior with all other interior parchment. Any thoughts? :-\
Old 04/27/2004, 04:06 PM   #6
Sarge

My Garage

CannetNY,

I have an Acapulco Blue with the Parchment interior, and it does look nice! Original colors, however were in shades of green...

Robert
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/27/2004, 07:00 PM   #7
cannetny

68 GT/CS - Acapulco Blue

My Garage

Hey Sarge,
What color combo do you have on the interior? What color is the dash pad and carpet? These are the two biggest things I can't figure out.
Old 04/28/2004, 10:21 AM   #8
Sarge

My Garage

The dash pad and carpet are black. The center console is Parchment, along with the seats. The headliner is Parchment. I don't know if originally they sold the dash and carpet as parchment, but it would be a real you know what to keep clean if it was (especially the carpets).
Robert
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2004, 03:15 AM   #9
Kurt

Parchment interiors came with a black dash & carpet.
Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions