CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 02/25/2009, 12:46 PM   #1
pfinleyz

California Dreamer

Correct Grille?

I'm looking at the Mustangs Plus catalogue (my bible) and it lists the 67 grille with the same part # as the 68 gt/cs grille #. are they the same? The pic has 3vertical "reinforcements" for mounting. I'm going to look at a 67 donor car soon so i could consider this if anyone knows. Thanks!
pfinleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2009, 01:19 PM   #2
clubpro

Cool

First off if you buy from M.P. you are paying too much. The grills are the same except you have to remove the verticle braces and add the fog light brackets to make the grill correct for the CS. I am working on having the grills made, but it will be a few more weeks before that is set up. You can buy the 67 grill from R & R classics for $64.95 plus shipping. Just send me a p.m. if you want to order the grill.

Cheers,

Ron

"You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do." - Henry Ford
clubpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2009, 08:44 PM   #3
pfinleyz

California Dreamer

Thanks for the info Ron! I didn't know you had a store setup- I've been looking for you on ebay, just ordered the side scoop inserts. I will wait for the grille as we're just starting to disassemble, i see all kinds of stuff i'll be ordering from you. I go to MP because they give 5% off at their shows and i don't have to pay shipping (we may show our new mustang in their april how). You should have seen how much they wanted to paint my 68!!!
pfinleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2009, 09:03 PM   #4
nates68
My Car Details

Im sure ron will fix you up good with the right grill. Also i have done their show before and won in my class (gt/cs) its a fun show,drove up from carson city long drive but it was fun. Also in reno. Ron knows his parts.

Nates68
nates68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2009, 10:52 PM   #5
clubpro

Cool

Thanks Nate!

Hope to see you at the Grass Valley show again this year.

As a reminder to everyone reading this I sell all of the parts at cost plus 10% to all members of this site. Remember don't order through my website just send me a pm or email me at RonMoore@RnRclassics.net with the items that you need and I will get them for you.

Cheers,

Ron

"You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do." - Henry Ford
clubpro is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions