• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS For Sale in So Cal

gamerjoe

I have a GT/CS that belonged to my late father, which I would like to sell. The VIN is 8R01J139767

It still has the 302 4-Barrel engine, but I know that my dad had work done on it in the late 80's to make it run on unleaded fuel. I believe that it was rebuilt, or maybe just the heads were rebuilt. It is possible that the engine block was replaced at that time, but I really do not know for sure. :(

It has AT, PS, and Console. The brakes are all original, non-power drums all around. An aftermarket AC was added approximately 10 years ago. The cars original color is Lime Gold Metallic, but has been painted 3-4 colors since the orginal. I used to drive it as a teenager, and it was blue at that time. I know my dad has painted it twice since then. First Maroon, and now White. This car was one of the earliest GT/CS cars, as it still has the original Lucas fog lights (they work), and the flush rear qtr reflectors.

The body is in great shape, but I do know that my dad had some body work done on it when he got it painted white about 10 years ago. At least one of the quarter panels was replaced. It had some rust in the floor pans, and I know that he had them replaced. The only rust/corrosion that is apparent is in the engine compartment where the battery tray rests against the radiator sheet metal. There is a 4-5" hole at that spot.

The car runs and drives well, but has lots of squawks and sqeeks. It leaks engine oil, or transmission fluid. I am not sure which. It is a slow leak when it sits. The car has been sitting in his garage for years, as he was too sick to do anything with it. The weatherstripping needs to be replaced, as it is all dried up from the desert air. I drove the car from his house in Apple Valley, to my home in Diamond Bar where it now sits.

If you are interested in seeing this car, then please email me or call me. I am looking to get $10,000 for it.

email: Please PM or email through the forums
phone: 951-205-8519

Attachments

• Mustang_Front.jpg
    Mustang_Front.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Mustang_Rear.jpg
    Mustang_Rear.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Mustang_Right.jpg
    Mustang_Right.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Mustang_Left.jpg
    Mustang_Left.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Mustang_Engine.jpg
    Mustang_Engine.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Mustang_LftDoor.jpg
    Mustang_LftDoor.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Mustang_Console.jpg
    Mustang_Console.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Mustang_UnderHood.jpg
    Mustang_UnderHood.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited by a moderator:

Mosesatm

Will the basic Marti report provide enough details to verify that it is a GT/CS?

It will. If you go to the "Post your Marti Report Here" thread you can see what the report looks like.

OP
OP
G

gamerjoe

Ok, I ordered the Marti report. Takes ~7 days to get it though. :rolleyes:

Too bad they make it such a pain to prove that the car is legit. Oh well, whatever it takes.

Midnight Special

Ok, I ordered the Marti report. Takes ~7 days to get it though. :rolleyes:

Too bad they make it such a pain to prove that the car is legit. Oh well, whatever it takes.

Go to http://martiautoworks.com/ where you can e-mail or call and have the info faxed right away.

As for the pain; we 67-79 Ford & Merc owners are extremely fortunate to have Kevin Marti and his ability... Go buy a like vintage Camaro, Chevelle etc... and you will have no way of knowing how legit, original, modified or ...

He has saved our bacon many many times as the only real proof a GT/CS is not cloned. We will nitpick and suspect clones periodically, but only for your protection. Marti is the only assurance for perfection.

P.S. I deeply appreciate your complete disclosure of your late-father's car regarding paint, aftermarket AC, squeeks & quirks and everything you know about it up front. I would buy from someone like you hands down over a platinum polished, tire blacked showpiece with sketchy communication and info. My only problem is I have no room for more CSs.
;-)

Last edited:

HappyHour

Hey Joe...sent ya a PM. Im in Redlands and will be visiting some cousins in San Dimas up the street from ya after Xmas. Would love to drop by as I have been looking for a CS....may have to help Santa this year. ll give a call.. : )

Hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas!

Robert

OP
OP
G

gamerjoe

Ok, I emailed them and asked to have the report faxed and/or emailed back to me if they can do it. I will also try calling them after Xmas and see if that works faster.

Thanks for the advice!

:smile:

obwan93001

Ok, I emailed them and asked to have the report faxed and/or emailed back to me if they can do it. I will also try calling them after Xmas and see if that works faster.

Thanks for the advice!

:smile:

Hi Joe,

First off, I'm very sorry to hear about your dad's passing.

Marti Auto Works does offer a "rush" service where they'll fax you a copy of the report in addition to the mailed copy. That service is an additional $10 which they'll add to your order total. When I was looking at the GT/CS I bought this past summer they were able to fax it right away, the first business day after I ordered. If you don't have a fax number you can check out https://www.trustfax.com/freetrial.asp for info on a free 30 day trial, see page for details. I used it to get my report faxed to me then cancelled it before the 30 day trial period ended. The fax will be emailed to you in PDF format if you choose, great service. There are others out there but they were the one I chose, was easy to sign up and no spam.

Hope all is well and I wish you, yours and everyone here at CaliforniaSpecial.com a Happy Holiday season and a Happy New Year.

Oscar

OP
OP
G

gamerjoe

Marti Reports faxed me the document this morning, and the car has now sold to the first person that inquired. He came by and purchased it today.

Thanks everyone for your recommendations and advice on the Marti Report website. It is a very cool service, and helps make the car feel more legit to the buyer.

- Kevin

HappyHour

Yeah I had Kevin right where I wanted him and then he mentioned that some people interested were not from Cali...couldnt have another CS leave SoCal or for that matter San Bernardino County (it has a San Bernardino classic car tour sticker on dash from his father) so I caved in and grabbed it! :grin:

Great history and thanks for all the help from the CS Forum especially Timm (midnight special) for info on the quarter panels. If you notice they have the 67 panels, as the car was built Feb 9th per Marti report and after mid Feb 15 they went with the 68 non indented.

Look forward to picking it up and driving it back to Redlands! Will be lookin for help from the forum in the future to ensure its kept up to (J) code. :icon_lol:

Robert

Timmknz

Oregon is not that far away!
Congrats HH! Hope to see it sometime this next year!
Tim in Oregon

OP
OP
G

gamerjoe

Okay, I must clear up this whole quarter panel thing. I know that most of you guys know this, but I am going to tell it anyway.

;)

In the beginning of the 1968 model year, Ford produced a quarter panel that had an indentation and a flush reflector, to coincide with new safety laws. Later in the model year, after February 15, Ford decided to just use 1967 quarter panels instead of producing more of the indented ones, to save money and because there was a high surplus of 1967 quarter panels in stock. They opted to stick a reflector onto the outside of the 1967 quarter panel, which is what the majority of 1968 Mustangs have.

The GT/CS that I sold to Happy Hour was built prior to February 15, and has the original-style indented 1968 quarter panels.

i hope that this clears it up

:)

OP
OP
G

gamerjoe

Actually, I should have mentioned that even though the quarter panels are the same between a 1968 and a 1967 in shape, Ford did a cut-out on the 1967 behind the door for the side gills or whatever they call them. For 1968, Ford did not do the cut-out since the 1968 coupe just bolted a c-shaped ornamentation at that spot. Same sheet metal, no cut-outs.